My Date value in my foundset changes to UUID when using it

Questions and answers on designing your Servoy solutions, database modelling and other 'how do I do this' that don't fit in any of the other categories

My Date value in my foundset changes to UUID when using it

Postby pbdavis » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:19 pm

I have a SQL DATETIME type in my foundset, but when I try to use the value from the foundset set it is null and the data type shows as UUID. I see that there is a Flags field called UUID that is checked for this item. What is this UUID flag used for? I trying to determine why the previous developer would have this set. Is there a way to get the Date value and leave this UUID set?
Paul Davis
Belcan Engineering Group, LLC
pbdavis

Re: My Date value in my foundset changes to UUID when using

Postby Joas » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:59 am

The UUID-flag defines if a field contains UUIDs instead of just text values. This needs to be checked for example if the field is autofilled by the uuid generator or if it is the pk that is used in a metadata table.
It doesn't make sense that it is checked for other datatypes than text though, I'm surprised that Servoy even allows that. Was the datatype changed in the backend maybe?
If the column is just datetime you should be able to just uncheck the UUID-flag without problems.
Joas de Haan
Yield Software Development
Need help on your project? yieldsd.com
Joas
Site Admin

Re: My Date value in my foundset changes to UUID when using

Postby pbdavis » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:50 pm

That is what I thought, somehow mistakenly got set. But I wanted to check with someone else before changing. Thanks for your help.
Paul Davis
Belcan Engineering Group, LLC
pbdavis

Return to Programming with Servoy