Calculations suddenly not triggering

Questions and answers on designing your Servoy solutions, database modelling and other 'how do I do this' that don't fit in any of the other categories

Calculations suddenly not triggering

Postby drookwood » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:01 am

I have some calculations that have bizarrely simply stopped working in developer. This affects a single table only - other calculations are all running as normal. I tried setting up a new simple calculation on the problem table that returns a text value based on another field value and it simply does nothing when the field value is changed. It all still works as normal in the deployed solution - only in developer it doesn't which is disconcerting to say the least!

Anyone else ever seen this?
How do I fix it?

UPDATE: Hmm - just uploaded new version to demo server and the calcs no longer fire there either! So all calculations on one table are not working but are fine everywhere else. Help?!
David Rookwood

SAN Developer
drookwood

Re: Calculations suddenly not triggering

Postby rgansevles » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:01 pm

David,

So in the demo server with the previous version it worked and with the updated not.
Then if you check what has changed between these in your version control system, then something must pop up.
Try reverting to a working solution and then go forward until the problem reoccurs.

Btw, are there any errors in the logs?

Rob
Rob Gansevles
Servoy
rgansevles

Postby drookwood » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:24 pm

Hi Rob,

No errors I could see in the log, but I have backtracked the changes and it looks like the issue is linked to the use of a virtual foundset based on the table in question during the login process but prior to the user actually being logged in. I'm not sure of the mechanism at play here but taking those steps out does fix the issue and the calculations work again.

I had assumed the issue was to do with the calculations themselves but your pointer to look at all changes prompted a wider search for the cuplrit, so thanks!
David Rookwood

SAN Developer
drookwood

Postby cp » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:29 am

Hi,

Just to say that since 2019 06 Rc2 I've the exact same problem - no calculated fields are working.

Claus
cp

Return to Programming with Servoy