User and Group Security Disappeared

Questions and answers on designing your Servoy solutions, database modelling and other 'how do I do this' that don't fit in any of the other categories

User and Group Security Disappeared

Postby Louis.Winter » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:07 pm

Last night I shutdown the Servoy Developer to install the latest Windows updates and reboot my laptop. This morning I started up the Servoy Developer again and the groups I had setup in "User and group security" are gone. The only group showing is Administrator which I believe is there by default, I didn't have any users setup to begin with. Now the Developer won't let me add back the groups and save them because there are errors on forms due to the missing groups. And I can't update the forms because the groups don't exist. :x

Does anyone know where whin the Servoy Developer the groups are stored, how they could have disappeared, and/or how to resolve these issues?

Louis
Louis Winter
Journey Technology Solutions
Sioux Falls, SD USA
Louis.Winter

Re: User and Group Security Disappeared

Postby Louis.Winter » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:51 pm

Update: I thought I'd try moving all of the forms .sec files to a save folder to see if I could add back the groups. As soon as I move the .sec files, all the groups instantly showed up. I discovered that the security information on 1 form was messed up. The easiest thing to do in my case was to rebuild the security on that form. After that everything works correctly again. Hopefully this helps someone else in the future.
Louis Winter
Journey Technology Solutions
Sioux Falls, SD USA
Louis.Winter

Return to Programming with Servoy