Automated Testing and Selenium IDE

Questions and answers on designing your Servoy solutions, database modelling and other 'how do I do this' that don't fit in any of the other categories

Automated Testing and Selenium IDE

Postby Louis.Winter » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:52 pm

Hello All,

We are still relatively new to Servoy and are starting to do automated testing of our NG client app. I have run into an issue where either Selenium IDE won't click on a cell in a table, or Servoy isn't recognizing it.

I am currently running this locally with the Servoy Developer version 2020.3 (not a full Apache deploy) and Selenium IDE version 3.17.0. The attached images show the table, and the underlying HTML.

AutomatedTesting Table.jpg
AutomatedTesting Table.jpg (26.41 KiB) Viewed 1259 times

AutomatedTesting Table - HTML.jpg
AutomatedTesting Table - HTML.jpg (54.84 KiB) Viewed 1259 times

I'm trying to have Selenium click on the trash can icon (class="c6", only 1 row in the table). When Selenium executes the click event, it returns successful but the delete confirmation popup isn't being displayed which is what happens when the last cell is clicked. Also, I have tried multiple selectors and nothing works.

Selenium Click.jpg
Selenium Click.jpg (47.95 KiB) Viewed 1259 times

Is there a trick to get Selenium to work with Servoy? Thoughts?

Louis
Louis Winter
Journey Technology Solutions
Sioux Falls, SD USA
Louis.Winter

Re: Automated Testing and Selenium IDE

Postby sean » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:30 pm

Hi Louis,

Yes this can be a complicated task to automate. Fortunately, ServoyCloud offers automated end-2-end testing hosted in our cloud, including a simplified language for creating tests. I'll contact you privately to discuss if it is a good fit.

Best,
Sean
Software Engineer
Servoy USA
sean

Return to Programming with Servoy