Duplicating a Solution

Questions and answers on designing your Servoy solutions, database modelling and other 'how do I do this' that don't fit in any of the other categories

Duplicating a Solution

Postby Louis.Winter » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:06 pm

I have a solution/app that I want to split into 2 separate solutions/apps. My thought is to duplicate the solution then remove the functionality from each that no longer applies. All posts that I have found regarding duplicating a solution refer to exporting the solution, then importing the solution using the "Clean Import" option to rename it. My developer version is 2020.12 and when I try to import the solution I get a message asking "Do you want to fully overwrite the installed sample again?", I clicked No. I don't want to overwrite anything, I want to rename it but I don't get that option. I've also tried exporting, renaming the solution, then importing the solution. This results in every form missing the form it inherits from so I deleted the imported solution and renamed the remaining solution back.

Does anybody know how to duplicate a solution using version 2020.12?
Louis Winter
Journey Technology Solutions
Sioux Falls, SD USA
Louis.Winter

Re: Duplicating a Solution

Postby swingman » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:58 am

Hi, I have done this using two separate work_spaces. I created a second workspace and imported the solution.
In my case I need to keep developing an old version while also working on a new incompatible version, so I have two branches in git.
The two workspaces appear to be sharing the same resources project.
Christian Batchelor
Certified Servoy Developer
Batchelor Associates Ltd, London, UK
http://www.batchelorassociates.co.uk

http://www.postgresql.org - The world's most advanced open source database.
swingman

Re: Duplicating a Solution

Postby Louis.Winter » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:22 pm

Christian,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried creating a new workspace and am unable to get the solution to import correctly. I have a separate solution with some base forms and after importing my solution it' like the forms don't know anything about the base forms project. Every form shows that it can't find the form it extends even though they exist. I'll keep trying different things to see if I can get it working.
Louis Winter
Journey Technology Solutions
Sioux Falls, SD USA
Louis.Winter

Return to Programming with Servoy