Default Search Disables After First Use

Questions and answers on designing your Servoy solutions, database modelling and other 'how do I do this' that don't fit in any of the other categories

Default Search Disables After First Use

Postby grace.lapietra » Thu May 27, 2021 2:44 pm

Hello,

I am working on upgrading from Servoy 5 up to Servoy 8, and have run into a few issues with our solution in the Smart Client.

When I launch the solution and load a form, I can use the default Find/Search methods to reduce my search, but if I try to do it again, it gets stuck in Find mode, the Search option is disabled in the 'Select' menu.

If I create a form method that only contains 'foundset.search();' and assign it to a button on the form, it seems to work. It doesn't work if I assign that method to OnSearch, however.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem or have any possible solutions?
grace.lapietra

Re: Default Search Disables After First Use

Postby grace.lapietra » Thu May 27, 2021 5:33 pm

Of course as soon as I post I figure out the cause of the problem. I forgot to mention in my post that it wasn't happening in all forms, only forms with multiple tab panels/lots of stuff going on. I began isolating each tab and removing/adding any form methods and figured out we had set a method on a few tab panels onRecordSelection that uses find/search to search other forms that open in external windows via a button, which was entirely unnecessary in our case and in fact redundant because the find/search were also performed when the forms are opened. Leaving this here in case anyone else finds it useful.
grace.lapietra

Re: Default Search Disables After First Use

Postby kwpsd » Fri May 28, 2021 1:19 am

We converted all find()/search() code in our solution to query builder objects. Query builder is more versatile and reliable. You may want to consider this for your upgrade.
Kim W. Premuda
San Diego, CA USA
kwpsd

Return to Programming with Servoy