Jasper Reports - Line Chart

Questions and answers on designing your Servoy solutions, database modelling and other 'how do I do this' that don't fit in any of the other categories

Jasper Reports - Line Chart

Postby Louis.Winter » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:11 pm

Has anybody successfully put a line chart in a report?

My report is a main record, with 1 or more associated records using a subreport for each. Each associated record (B) has multiple types of associated records under it. I use subreports for all associated records.

To try to add a chart to the report I've tried adding a chart directly in a Detail band but I can't figure out how to set a data source on it. I have a field defined as a JRDataSource but I don't see where I can set it on the chart.

I've also tried to create a separate report with a chart on it and use a subreport to create it, passing the JRDataSource field as the Data Source for the subreport. The actual chart generated is correct, the issue is that it is repeated 36 times, once for every row in the data source passed to the subreport. I'm not sure if there is a way on the subreport to force it to generate only 1 time instead of for each record in the Data Source.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Louis Winter
Journey Technology Solutions
Sioux Falls, SD USA
Louis.Winter

Return to Programming with Servoy