Progressbar in a listform component

Questions and answers on designing your Servoy solutions, database modelling and other 'how do I do this' that don't fit in any of the other categories

Progressbar in a listform component

Postby rick.eddy » Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:21 pm

I am very new to using the servoy IDE, so please bear with me if I misstate or forget to ask in the proper way.

I have added a progressbar to a listview form component. I can have a different pct value for each record in the listform and those display great. What I need to solve and I can't seem to figure out is, how to make the progressbar color different based on the value of the pct of each record. For example, we want values less that 70% to be red, then less than 90% to be yellow and above that to be green.

I see a property on the component for type, which would allow me to change the color (or just adding css styles...) what I can't seem to figure out is how to find each listform component's records' components at run time so I could change either the type or classes.

So if I have 3 records showing on my form, how do i find each progress bar programmatically. The second question would be, what event would be best to use to kick off this process? I am thinking the onShow of the listform.

Thanks in Advance for any help!
rick.eddy

Re: Progressbar in a listform component

Postby patrick » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:17 pm

Hello rick.eddy and welcome to Servoy.

Your question is actually not that easy to answer, the only way I found is rather "advanced". Let me quickly describe what I did:

The list form component has a rowStyleClassDataprovider property where you can attach a dataprovider that will be used to add a style class per row on the list form entry. A typical way such style class dataproviders are used is by attaching a calculation, that looks at your record and decides what style class to return if your record meets a certain criteria

In my test I used the example_data database and created a list form with order details and let the progress bar show the "quantity". Then I created a calculation that roughly does this:

Code: Select all
function row_styleclass()
{
   if (quantity <= 5) {
      return 'red';
   } else if (quantity <= 10) {
      return 'orange';
   } else {
      return 'green'
   }
}

So depending on the quantity it returns a style class 'red', 'orange' or 'green'.

In the DOM the actual row is way above your progress bar. If you inspect the progress bar in the DOM a bit, you see the structure is roughly

<div class="svy-listformcomponent-row yourCalculationResult">
<class="progress-bar text-bg-info progress-bar-animated">

So somewhere you have the svy-listformcomponent-row for each record, which also then has the value of your rowStyleClassDataprovider.

Then in your style sheet you could have something like this

Code: Select all
.svy-listformcomponent-row.red .bts-extra-progressbar > .progress-bar {
   background-color: red !important;
}

and you get

Screenshot 2023-04-11 201344.png
Screenshot 2023-04-11 201344.png (1.84 KiB) Viewed 1851 times

I hope you don't have the impression everything is terribly complicated :). It seems to be something nobody has asked about before. I think a nicer and more straight forward way would be that the progress bar component would have a rowStyleClassDataprovider by itself, for which you could file a feature request.
Patrick Ruhsert
Servoy DACH
patrick

Re: Progressbar in a listform component

Postby rick.eddy » Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:38 pm

Patrick,

thank you for your reply! I am sorry I didn't circle back on this until now. What we ended up doing is using a label component that returned HTML. The html is rendering the whole progress bar for each record so we had control to write whatever style we wanted.

Rick
rick.eddy

Return to Programming with Servoy