Unable to access form while in build

Questions and answers on designing your Servoy solutions, database modelling and other 'how do I do this' that don't fit in any of the other categories

Unable to access form while in build

Postby alasdairs » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:37 am

Hiya,

I just ran into an issue that I find very strange and have never seen before. I have created a popup form which can be accessed throughout the solution and have been trying to get it to allow me to import a bunch of data into the database, which I've nearly solved, but this morning I tried to go back onto the contained form I've been working in from the sidenav and the app doesn't take me there. It was working a few hours ago and then just decided to stop working. I have no idea what could have caused this as I havent been working in the contained form at all. The only thing related to the form that I've messed with is the data but didn't think that that could cause any issues.

There aren't any errors popping up related to this and have restarted both servoy and my machine trying to fix the issue.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Alasdair
Software Engineer
alasdairs

Re: Unable to access form while in build

Postby jcompagner » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:09 pm

we are talking about runtime here?
so you are starting up the client and then want to move to the form and it doesn't show up?

So you are using sidenav but if you click on a link (that should open that form) it doesn't do that?

No errors in the log files? also the form you are on does that have a on(before)hide? maybe it bocks it?
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby alasdairs » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:10 pm

Yes exactly.
I have worked on the solution for more than 2 months and it has always worked with all the sidenav items. It's only 1 contained form that isn't loading and I haven't changed any of the code in the nav or the contained form itself.

There are no on hide events that are blocking it, and it was working just 2 hours ago completely fine.
There are no errors in the console relating to the problem, not entirely sure how to get to the log files, only been working in servoy for a couple months.
I've truncated the database table because I've been directly editing that and it was what I was working on last, which didn't work, and have tried launching in different browsers and the NGDesktop client with no luck.
I just have no idea how it couldn't be working.
Last edited by alasdairs on Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Software Engineer
alasdairs

Postby alasdairs » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:16 pm

Both the nav and the contained form extend svy modules and looking at git, the only file that has changed is the import popup js file, which isn't shown and doesn't run unless you click on the button in the navbar.

Edit:
Thought it was to do with how the databaseManager was saving data but it was just that the foundset had no information.
Software Engineer
alasdairs

Return to Programming with Servoy