Issue with logging to log table from 2023.09

Questions and answers on designing your Servoy solutions, database modelling and other 'how do I do this' that don't fit in any of the other categories

Issue with logging to log table from 2023.09

Postby jjennings » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:41 pm

We've been having problems getting our titanium deployment to log to our log table as our NG deployments do, and I'm looking for some ideas on what we're missing:
- We have several NG apps that are logging successfully to the same server.
- Our newer app, which runs on 2029.03, was set up using the same configuration, but that one is *not* successfully logging (in both developer and our deployed version).
- The log server setting is on the appropriate database, which is online. There are no errors in the logs.
- We've confirmed that our deployed settings and war file properties appear to be running the same settings.
- All of our DBI files are set up to track changes

Anyone know of additional settings that I should be checking on?
jjennings

Re: Issue with logging to log table from 2023.09

Postby jcompagner » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:55 pm

you mean then the tracking logging ? (insert/updates of records for example?)

There shouldn't be any difference between NG or TiNG thats only a browser/ui difference not the actual client that runs at the server or talks to the database (that is the same thing)

Maybe for some reasons the tracking flags are not correctly set in the deployed WAR?
Or the log table is not marked as the log server/table..
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Re: Issue with logging to log table from 2023.09

Postby jjennings » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:12 pm

Thank you for the quick response. We looked further into our dbi setup after your last.

In poking around some more, we found that if we placed a check in the "No rights unless explicitly specified" box on the Security tab of the table, we started getting the tracking. Is it expected to only work when that box is checked? Or does that result indicate we got some other setting wrong?
jjennings

Return to Programming with Servoy