svyEventManager scope returning error for search

Questions and answers on designing your Servoy solutions, database modelling and other 'how do I do this' that don't fit in any of the other categories

svyEventManager scope returning error for search

Postby alasdairs » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:34 pm

Hi all,

I've been using the search bar from the cloud sample solution since I created the project I've been working on and it was working find up until yesterday. This morning I launched my solution in runtime and there's an error from the svyEventManager, saying that the add listener method can't be found:

Code: Select all
ERROR com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug - Trying to call method 'addListener' on scope: 'svyEventManager' but it is not found in the runtime compiled functions: Scope_svyEventManager[], trying to find the persist for that scope/name: null
   at /Users/alasdair/CPro_Workspace/svyNavigationUX/svyNavigationUX.js:33 (addGlobalSearchListener)
   at /Users/alasdair/CPro_Workspace/CPro/forms/navigator.js:37 (onLoad)
ERROR com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug - Trying to call method 'addListener' on scope: 'svyEventManager' but it is not found in the runtime compiled functions: Scope_svyEventManager[], trying to find the persist for that scope/name: null (Form Context: navigator), JSEvent(type = form, source = FormController[form: navigator, fs size:0,visible: false, selected record: null,destroyed:false], formName = navigator, elementName = <no name>, timestamp = Wed Mar 27 12:29:47 GMT 2024,modifiers = 0,x =0,y = 0,data = null) java.lang.RuntimeException: Trying to call method 'addListener' on scope: 'svyEventManager' but it is not found in the runtime compiled functions: Scope_svyEventManager[], trying to find the persist for that scope/name: null
   at com.servoy.j2db.scripting.GlobalScope$2.call(GlobalScope.java:205) ~[servoy_shared_2023.12.2.3924.jar:?]
   at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime$NoSuchMethodShim.call(ScriptRuntime.java:95) ~[org.eclipse.dltk.javascript.rhino_1.7.14.s6.jar:?]
   at org.mozilla.javascript.Interpreter.interpretLoop(Interpreter.java:1879) ~[org.eclipse.dltk.javascript.rhino_1.7.14.s6.jar:?]
   at org.mozilla.javascript.Interpreter.interpret(Interpreter.java:1053) ~[org.eclipse.dltk.javascript.rhino_1.7.14.s6.jar:?]
   at org.mozilla.javascript.InterpretedFunction.call(InterpretedFunction.java:90) ~[org.eclipse.dltk.javascript.rhino_1.7.14.s6.jar:?]
   at org.mozilla.javascript.ContextFactory.doTopCall(ContextFactory.java:380) ~[org.eclipse.dltk.javascript.rhino_1.7.14.s6.jar:?]
   at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.doTopCall(ScriptRuntime.java:3944) ~[org.eclipse.dltk.javascript.rhino_1.7.14.s6.jar:?]
   at org.mozilla.javascript.InterpretedFunction.call(InterpretedFunction.java:88) ~[org.eclipse.dltk.javascript.rhino_1.7.14.s6.jar:?]
   at com.servoy.j2db.scripting.ScriptEngine.executeFunction(ScriptEngine.java:719) ~[servoy_shared_2023.12.2.3924.jar:?]
   at com.servoy.j2db.debug.RemoteDebugScriptEngine.executeFunction(RemoteDebugScriptEngine.java:393) ~[?:?]
   at com.servoy.j2db.BasicFormController.executeFunction(BasicFormController.java:1119) ~[servoy_shared_2023.12.2.3924.jar:?]
   at com.servoy.j2db.BasicFormController.executeFormMethod(BasicFormController.java:835) ~[servoy_shared_2023.12.2.3924.jar:?]
   at com.servoy.j2db.BasicFormController.executeOnLoadMethod(BasicFormController.java:648) ~[servoy_shared_2023.12.2.3924.jar:?]
   at com.servoy.j2db.server.ngclient.NGFormManager.leaseFormPanel(NGFormManager.java:339) ~[?:?]
   at com.servoy.j2db.server.ngclient.NGFormManager.leaseFormPanel(NGFormManager.java:310) ~[?:?]
   at com.servoy.j2db.server.ngclient.NGFormManager.showFormInContainer(NGFormManager.java:543) ~[?:?]
   at com.servoy.j2db.server.ngclient.NGFormManager.showFormInCurrentContainer(NGFormManager.java:601) ~[?:?]
   at com.servoy.j2db.server.ngclient.NGFormManager.showFormInMainPanel(NGFormManager.java:469) ~[?:?]
   at com.servoy.j2db.server.ngclient.NGFormManager.makeSolutionSettings(NGFormManager.java:246) ~[?:?]
   at com.servoy.j2db.server.ngclient.NGFormManager.clearLoginForm(NGFormManager.java:379) ~[?:?]
   at com.servoy.j2db.ClientState.lambda$0(ClientState.java:1446) ~[servoy_shared_2023.12.2.3924.jar:?]
   at org.sablo.eventthread.Event$1.run(Event.java:97) ~[sablo_2023.12.2.3924.jar:?]
   at org.sablo.websocket.CurrentWindow.runForWindow(CurrentWindow.java:80) ~[sablo_2023.12.2.3924.jar:?]
   at org.sablo.eventthread.Event.execute(Event.java:87) ~[sablo_2023.12.2.3924.jar:?]
   at org.sablo.eventthread.EventDispatcher.dispatch(EventDispatcher.java:135) ~[sablo_2023.12.2.3924.jar:?]
   at org.sablo.eventthread.EventDispatcher.run(EventDispatcher.java:90) ~[sablo_2023.12.2.3924.jar:?]
   at com.servoy.j2db.server.ngclient.eventthread.NGEventDispatcher.run(NGEventDispatcher.java:60) ~[?:?]
   at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:?]

I've checked my repo history and it doesn't look like anything has been edited from the utils module, and I'm not sure what to do. If anyone has a fix for this, please let me know.

Thanks,
Alasdair
Software Engineer
alasdairs

Re: svyEventManager scope returning error for search

Postby alasdairs » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 pm

Found out that for some reason the methods from the scope wasn't being loaded into the solution at all, so I deleted them and copied them from another workspace which seems to have solved the issue.
Software Engineer
alasdairs

Return to Programming with Servoy