Security

Questions and answers on designing your Servoy solutions, database modelling and other 'how do I do this' that don't fit in any of the other categories

Security

Postby ebrandt » Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:37 pm

I am starting to play around with the security function. The situation is that I have 50 sales reps that need to access many different forms. I want the reps to be able to only access their accounts.

Servoys current security settings are much like filemaker, with the exception of record level access. In filemaker, I could create a user and allow them to view only their records using a calculation under the record level access.

In servoy it seems that I would have to create a global method and attach it to every from that they would access. The method would have to include large case statement with all the sales rep ID's. So I would need to add a new user, plus add their ID and additional coding to this method. I would rather only have to make a change in one place when adding new users.

Is there anyway Servoy could add record level access by using a method under the built in security feature?
ebrandt

Postby IT2Be » Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:05 pm

Not sure that I understand you correct but this is what could be the solution:

1. create a method to add users. You have access to the Servoy users and usergroups from within your solutions.
2. while creating the servoy user you also create your own (proprietery) user in your solution. The user in your own solution will inherit the id of the Servoy system so you won't have any issues there.
3. You use the servoy system for the basic setting.
4. Anything special will be dealt with through your own user settings...

I can't tell at this moment if David already uploaded it but I wrote a little article on this very same subject for www.servoymagazine.com...

Cheers
Marcel J.G. Trapman (IT2BE)
SAN partner - Freelance Java and Servoy
Servoy Components - IT2BE Plug-ins and Beans for Servoy
ServoyForge - Open Source Components for Servoy
IT2Be
Servoy Expert

Postby automazione » Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:50 pm

Maybe controller.addFoundSetFilterParam()can help you.

It's been discussed here: http://forum.servoy.com/viewtopic.php?t=2598 and in other threads.
Enrico Arata
Servoy Italia
automazione

Return to Programming with Servoy