Getting Search SQL Query Text

Questions and answers on designing your Servoy solutions, database modelling and other 'how do I do this' that don't fit in any of the other categories

Getting Search SQL Query Text

Postby willieseabrook » Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:45 am

Is there any way to get the SQL text of a servoy search? I'm adding a little something to my solution where you can generate a list of contacts for the purposes of bulk emails / letter printing and so on.

What I want to be able to do is have the resultset generated by either 1. a find query on the contacts table (done by regular users cause its easy) or 2. if a much more complex query is needed (multiple tables deep etc) an sql query that can be manually entered by someone with technical knowledge.

It would be nice if I can somehow get the sql query that was used in a find, so that I can have one field 'sql_query' regardless of how it is generated.

Cheers
Willie
willieseabrook

Postby bcusick » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:36 pm

No, there is currently no way to get the SQL Query that Servoy generates for a find (or anything else for that matter).

Whydon't you build a user interface that will generate the SQL automatically - then you can achieve what you want.

Cheers,

Bob Cusick
bcusick

Return to Programming with Servoy