addFoundSetFilterParam and relations

Questions and answers on designing your Servoy solutions, database modelling and other 'how do I do this' that don't fit in any of the other categories

addFoundSetFilterParam and relations

Postby janber » Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:47 pm

I use addFoundSetFilterParam on load to open 2 different forms to view the same table but with a slightly different lay out, in fact clients being physical persons or companies.
On loading the forms the filter works ok and I selected 'use separate foundset' to keep the foundsets different.
Now comes the problem :
On the same forms there is a portal in a tabpanel relating the foundset to other tables showing complemantary related informations.

Well when I check the 'use separate foundset' the related information does not show up anymore.

What is wrong ?
janber
janber

Postby Jan Blok » Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:05 pm

We cannot envision this is happening, could you post a small sample solution showing this?
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby janber » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:17 pm

Jan Blok wrote:We cannot envision this is happening, could you post a small sample solution showing this?

I will try to check this out with a simpler app, since the one i am programming makes use of a complex MySQL database.
janber
janber

Postby janber » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:32 pm

I found the problem disappears when I only check only ONE of the 'use separate foundset'.
Since I use only 2 forms of that type for the moment the problem is solved
But what will happen when I add a 3d form on the same table when I implement a 3d sort of customers ?
janber
janber

Return to Programming with Servoy