rounded buttons in stylesheet

Questions and answers on designing your Servoy solutions, database modelling and other 'how do I do this' that don't fit in any of the other categories

rounded buttons in stylesheet

Postby jim » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:56 pm

Is it possible to make nice rounded buttons in a style sheet in Servoy? It looks like it might be a browser support matter (Firefox = good; others = not). moz-border-radius ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim
jim

Postby patrick » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:29 pm

Hello Jim,

I don't know about this one, but the possibilities about how styles can be used are explained in the docs (see developer.servoy.com, you will find useful PDFs, that you can search). But I would also like to say that those possibilities are limited. That is due to the fact that the HTML renderer from Sun is very limited. You may be able to overcome this for example with the SHE (Servoy HTML editor?) plugin that you can get here: http://www.directict.nl. Or maybe with the OLE plugin (maybe allows you to "implement" any browser using OLE) that soon might arrive. There are many other ways you can think of (beans, plugins).

But in general I would say: styles help you to maintain a certain order, but are limited in comparison to what a normal browser can do. The same goes for the HTML component, currently. Knowing the limitations, there is still many interesting possibilities of presenting information using HTML inside Servoy. But don't expect to be in a browser.

Hope this helps
Patrick
Patrick Ruhsert
Servoy DACH
patrick

Postby jim » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:31 pm

Thank you, Patrick. The SHE plugin looks interesting, but it doesn't look like it will help with rounded buttons. Looks to be text-oriented. Perhaps a gif button is the only option.

As for the docs, I have been using the Reference Guide. I was hoping that there might be an undocumented feature, or some work-around. Perhaps via a skin? And how does one make one of those?

Cheers,

Jim
jim

Postby bcusick » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:47 pm

Skins are based on the Linux KDE skin specification. Search Google for "KDE skins".
Bob Cusick
bcusick

Postby jim » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:49 pm

Thanks, Bob.

Regarding skins, can one use a skin to assure a look and feel across platforms, if the users can be locked out of menus, such as by using the menu plug-in?

If a LAF can be changed by the user, then ugliness is possible in an otherwise attractive solution (and even, perhaps, functional problems). But styles, skins etc. might make for a more efficient solution, both in production and page load... (?)

Please comment, Roshi.

Thank you,

Jim
jim

Re: rounded buttons in stylesheet

Postby Providence1 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:06 pm

Any chance to support the CSS property: moz-border-radius with the new Sun Renderer?
Providence
Providence1

Postby rvanderburg » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:16 pm

You mean for smart client?
rvanderburg
Site Admin

Postby Providence1 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:09 pm

Yes, is it possible to work with smart client or only web client?
Providence
Providence1

Return to Programming with Servoy