form not found error

The forum to discuss the Headless version of Servoy. Web, Java and Servlet development questions can all be posted here.

form not found error

Postby jkipling » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:52 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get a simple JSP page to work on a solution using servoy 3.5.10 on a Windows 2003. The JSP page is the same code as the headless client sample, except the solution is changed, the form is "test_hc" which I created in the solution, and the method is "test" which simply creates a new record in an empty table.

When calling the JSP page from a browser, I get a form not found error and the record does not get created. Using a batch processor also does not seem to work. Note that this error is not a result of an out.print in my JSP.

An aside to this problem is that the application server log was reporting an error with the servoy guy busy plugin whenever running this JSP page or the batch processor. I removed the plugin from the server and the error went away from the log, but the browser still reports form not found and the method doesn't run. Any ideas what the problem could be?

Thanks,
-Jeremy
jkipling

Re: form not found error

Postby Andrei Costescu » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:16 pm

So the headless client sample work as expected, but in your case it can't get to the form.

What is the exact error for "form not found"? Any exceptions in server console?
Do any other exceptions appear in Servoy log when running the JSP after you removed the plugin?
Andrei Costescu
Servoy
Andrei Costescu

Postby jkipling » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:15 pm

Here is the exact error returned in the browser:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Form test_hc not found
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:541)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:435)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:320)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:266)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

Going into the web admin console I see that a headless client is logged into the solution, after removing the busy plugIn from the server there are no exceptions or any other messages in the web admin console.

I do not have direct access to the server itself, so it will be somewhat difficult to localize messages in the servoy log on the server to this event, but I will try to coordinate that next week some time to get back to you with that information. Thank you for your reply.
jkipling

Postby jkipling » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:19 pm

Sorry I haven't had any luck getting a log file at the time of this error yet.

This system has had many other higher priorities since. This issue is not a top priority since a workaround is using the scheduler plugIn functions which do the automatic imports as needed.
The issue was it would be nicer for them to schedule a JSP file to run through windows scheduler anytime they wanted to change the time of it's running, rather than having to go into a servoy method to change the cryptic time settings the scheduler plugin uses.
jkipling

Return to Servoy Headless Client