Batch Processor Not running

The forum to discuss the Headless version of Servoy. Web, Java and Servlet development questions can all be posted here.

Batch Processor Not running

Postby JuanMartin » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:34 pm

Hi
I have a new batch processor in my Servoy server. I put all parameters for that, solution, arguments, user, password and password again but is Not running.
I push start button and Not running and on clients menu I have a Servoy Headless client connected.
Any idea what could be the problem.

Thanks
Juan Antonio Martín Pinilla
Servoy 2022.9.2 - PostgreSql 9.4
software@critenerife.com
JuanMartin

Re: Batch Processor Not running

Postby IT2Be » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:28 pm

Anything in the log?
Will it start without all those parameters (temporarily disable the need for them)?
Marcel J.G. Trapman (IT2BE)
SAN partner - Freelance Java and Servoy
Servoy Components - IT2BE Plug-ins and Beans for Servoy
ServoyForge - Open Source Components for Servoy
IT2Be
Servoy Expert

Postby JuanMartin » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:57 am

No,
I restart the Servoy server and don´t have nothing in log.
I actually removed the parameters and does the same.

Thanks
software@critenerife.com
JuanMartin

Postby lvostinar » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:13 am

JuanMartin wrote:Hi
I have a new batch processor in my Servoy server. I put all parameters for that, solution, arguments, user, password and password again but is Not running.
I push start button and Not running and on clients menu I have a Servoy Headless client connected.
Any idea what could be the problem.

Thanks

Do you mean the status is Not Running ? Is everything enabled ? It doesn't reach to the global method of solution (onSolutionOpen)?
Laurian Vostinar
Servoy
lvostinar

Postby JuanMartin » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:16 pm

Yes Laurian,
All is enable on the batch processor screen on server and I have a global method onOpen on solution.

Thanks
software@critenerife.com
JuanMartin

Postby ROCLASI » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:55 pm

Did anyone found the issue here yet?
I am seeing the same thing now on a clean installed production server with 5.0.1.

I have a few different batchprocessor that runs with and without global methods. The one with the global methods seemed to work fine.
But the one with form methods also worked....intermittently. And now the one with global methods doens't trigger either.
So my next step will be to reboot the server when the users are off.

In any case it's WEIRD. :shock:

Also shouldn't application.output() with logging level "INFO" show up in the servoy-admin log page ? (remember, this is a clean install, so with default options)
Robert Ivens
SAN Developer / Servoy Valued Professional / Servoy Certified Developer

ROCLASI Software Solutions / JBS Group, Partner
Mastodon: @roclasi
--
ServoyForge - Building Open Source Software.
PostgreSQL - The world's most advanced open source database.
ROCLASI
Servoy Expert

Postby jcompagner » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:55 am

the default application.output("INFO") should be logged as INFO yes on the log page of the admin pages of a webclient, headlessclient or batchprocessor.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby ryanparrish » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:10 am

I came here looking for a solution to a similar issue. My BP says that it started, but it doesn't seem to ever actually do anything. I have an application.output() as the first line in my solution startup method and that never gets written to the log (I've tried bringing the log level down to debug in the servoy.properties and still nothing). I'm using 5.1.4, did you ever find a solution Robert?
ryanparrish

Postby drookwood » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:07 pm

Did anyone sort this out? I have the same issue with batch processors not running. The odd thing is that they all used to work fine and I'm not sure exactly when they stopped but currently nothing gets triggered at all in the headless client. I have added an application.output() line to see if I get anything in the log when the headless client starts up and NO - even though the clients list shows the headless client as running. All scheduled jobs (cron and job) fail to trigger. I have removed and re-added the batch processor a couple of times and restarted the server, all to no avail.

I have made no changes to my code and am at a loss to explain why what used to work no longer does so if anyone got anywhere in sorting this out I would be grateful for some pointers!
David Rookwood

SAN Developer
drookwood

Re: Batch Processor Not running SOLVED

Postby drookwood » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:56 pm

Turns out the issue was to do with switching from the standard to a custom login form. It had not occurred to me that this would cause a batch processor using the same solution to fail to launch - I assumed that the batch processor would simply bypass any login procedure as the username and password are stored with the batch processor! Anyway, have now hived off the batch processor into a separate module and it's running fine.

The only downside is having to replicate some forms and processes in the batch processor module.
David Rookwood

SAN Developer
drookwood

Return to Servoy Headless Client