Consuming WebSockets services

The forum to discuss the Headless version of Servoy. Web, Java and Servlet development questions can all be posted here.

Consuming WebSockets services

Postby bobcart » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:16 pm

I have a need to access data from multiple webservices. I've tested Servoy support for RESTful webservices and am impressed with I could do. Very powerful. However, some of the sites I'm using offer WebSockets services which would provide me with more timely results and allow for a smoother user experience. In searching the forums, I was frankly surprised to see so little interest in this powerful capability. I'm wondering how much work it will be to implement and if Servoy could be of any help. What is the best approach to access WebSockets webservices with Servoy? Ideas and suggestions appreciated.
bobcart

Re: Consuming WebSockets services

Postby bobcart » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:37 pm

30 views but no reply? Since the NG client uses WebSockets and there is the Sablo framework already in place, the server must already handle WebSockets connections. Maybe I'm posting this in the wrong place? Any ideas on where to post it are also appreciated. Maybe "Programming with Servoy" would have been better. I'l try it over there.
bobcart

Return to Servoy Headless Client