Questions, tips and tricks and techniques for scripting in Servoy

Audit trail issue

Postby jdcunha » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:14 pm

Hi,

Servoy 4.1.0
Windows Server 2003
Java 1.6
Mysql

I am using the servoy's audit tracking feature. It works for me in my development environment but fails to work in the production server.

I enable the tracking option under the security tab for tables for user and administrator. Then I commit the solution using Team->commit. After committing I restart the application server. I can then view all other changes (form changes) made except for the log feature on the smart client.

On launching the smart client through the eclipse based servoy developer the log feature works.

When I update my the application code base in Servoy developer using Team-> Update and then when I view the tracking option under the security tab for table it reverts back to implicit.

It seems to me all the form changes get committed but not the database server changes like enabling the tracking feature.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Regards
James
jdcunha

Re: Audit trail issue

Postby Andrei Costescu » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:42 pm

Yes, this problem was found and solved a few days after 4.1.0 release. Subsequent versions don't have this problem.
Workaround for 4.1.0: update table security settings on the server by doing an export from developer/import on server for a solution (with user/security checked).
Andrei Costescu
Servoy
Andrei Costescu

Re: Audit trail issue

Postby jdcunha » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:41 pm

Thanks. That worked for me.

Regards
jdcunha
jdcunha

Return to Methods