data not pushed to MySQL

Questions, tips and tricks and techniques for scripting in Servoy

Re: data not pushed to MySQL

Postby jkipling » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:01 pm

I just changed the pk column to use a servoy sequence instead of db identity and I had the same problem.
jkipling

Postby kurtbleicken » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:53 pm

I have a similar, but probably unrelated problem. In 5.2.7 in creating a child file in 'assigned' table from the parent 'contacts' table the child is created and populated with various fields including the assignee's name. The assignee's name is displayed in a contacts line item.

The name will appear after creation as several new assignments are being made. Then the name may not appear on the next assignment. The assignment after that it may appear correctly. Seems to be totally random whether or not the name will be rendered. However in the assigned table, in every case the child records are totally correct. When I log out of the solution and log back in, the assignee's name appears every time on all records.

If I do a search on the assigned name when several assigned names are showing blank, the search result includes the records showing blank names.

I've tried DatabaseManager refreshRecordFromDatabase. No luck.

This problem did not appear in earlier versions of Servoy.

Any thoughts? K

using 5.2.7
System 7
Postgres
Java 1.6.0_24
Kurt Bleicken
Servoy 7
Executive Director, onRamp for nonprofits
kurtbleicken@gmail.com
Founder, AgentSphere, LLC
kurtbleicken@gmail.com
kurtbleicken

Postby rgansevles » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:03 am

jkipling, Kurt,

If you can reproduce this in a small sample, please file a case in our support system.

Rob
Rob Gansevles
Servoy
rgansevles

Postby jkipling » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:24 pm

I have found a work around.

Even though I am editing this record through a form with a foundset and not through a relationship, there is a foreign key that needs to be populated before edits can stick. The method is not using any relationships based on this key and the column is allowed to be null, but for some reason it needs to be populated first before any other edits can stick. Again, this was not the case in Servoy 3. Pretty weird, but thanks for all the ideas everyone.
jkipling

Previous

Return to Methods