Print by command line

Questions, tips and tricks and techniques for scripting in Servoy

Print by command line

Postby Marco R. » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:15 pm

Hi all,

I have to print from a Zebra printer.
Does exist a way from Servoy to print directly from command line?
It should works also on OSX.
Actually I write a txt file and by a shell "print" command I send the file to the Zebra printer. This in windows xp, actually the customer I'm working for, would upgrade the system to windows 7 and to use OSX client also.

Does exist a way to do this in servoy? Or I need for external libraries?

Thanks in advance

Marco
Marco Rossi
Freelance

Main development environment: Servoy 6.1.6 - 7.4.3, Java 1.6u45,7u71 Windows 7/CentOS
Marco R.

Re: Print by command line

Postby lwjwillemsen » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:47 pm

Hi Marco,

In similar cases (TEC printer language) running on windows client pc's we print plain text to a 'Generic Text' printerdriver.

Hope this gives a new print option...

Regards,
Lambert Willemsen
Vision Development BV
lwjwillemsen

Postby ryanparrish » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:45 pm

Marco R. wrote:Hi all,

I have to print from a Zebra printer.
Does exist a way from Servoy to print directly from command line?
It should works also on OSX.
Actually I write a txt file and by a shell "print" command I send the file to the Zebra printer. This in windows xp, actually the customer I'm working for, would upgrade the system to windows 7 and to use OSX client also.

Are you sending ZPL to the Zebra? If so I have a plugin that I threw together a while back to help with sending raw ZPL (or any other printer control language I suppose) directly to the printer, bypassing any of the normal system print dialogs and making high volume label printing efficient. It works on Mac, Linux and Windows*, I'll work on getting it up on servoyforge. Most of the code came from http://code.google.com/p/jzebra/

*Windows not tested extensively, we mostly use linux.
ryanparrish

Postby jcarlos » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:49 am

ryanparrish wrote:Are you sending ZPL to the Zebra? If so I have a plugin that I threw together a while back to help with sending raw ZPL (or any other printer control language I suppose) directly to the printer, bypassing any of the normal system print dialogs and making high volume label printing efficient. It works on Mac, Linux and Windows*, I'll work on getting it up on servoyforge. Most of the code came from http://code.google.com/p/jzebra/

Awesome! You really need to put it in ServoyForge. Thank you!
Carlos
jcarlos

Postby Marco R. » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:07 am

ryanparrish wrote:Are you sending ZPL to the Zebra? If so I have a plugin that I threw together a while back to help with sending raw ZPL (or any other printer control language I suppose) directly to the printer, bypassing any of the normal system print dialogs and making high volume label printing efficient. It works on Mac, Linux and Windows*, I'll work on getting it up on servoyforge. Most of the code came from http://code.google.com/p/jzebra/

Thank you Ryan! Yes. I'm using the ZPL for the Zebra.
I'm going to get the jZebra, it seems to be great!

Thanks again

Marco
Marco Rossi
Freelance

Main development environment: Servoy 6.1.6 - 7.4.3, Java 1.6u45,7u71 Windows 7/CentOS
Marco R.

Return to Methods