Tab sequence in web client do not work properly or at all

Forum to discuss the Web client version of Servoy.

Tab sequence in web client do not work properly or at all

Postby udrescu_bogdan » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:07 am

Hello,

I have a problem with tabs sequence in WebClient - Servoy 5.1.4.

I have the some forms with and without tabpanels, with tab sequence set. It works OK in SmartClient, but in WebClient they act very strange and in different ways:

1. If I click on a field and got focus on that, then press TAB key, the focus move to the address bar of the browser, and will never pass in the form again.
2. I've set the "selectOnEnter" property to true for all fields in the tab sequence and for some forms it works, but not in the sequence that I defined, and also the address bar is focused in the tabs cycle.
3. Also with the "selectOnEnter" set to true, it works for some field, but still in other order then the tabseq is set, and at a point, after few fields were passed, it blocks on the address bar of the browser and don't want to get out of there, unless you click with the mouse somewere else.

I also saw that is said this issue has been solved in Servoy 5.1 [fix] 262458 Tab sequence in Web Client not functioning properly (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13716), but for me still doesn't work.
Please tell me if there is an workaround or a setting that can be done.

Greetings,
Bogdan.
udrescu_bogdan

Re: Tab sequence in web client do not work properly or at all

Postby lvostinar » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:25 am

udrescu_bogdan wrote:Hello,

I have a problem with tabs sequence in WebClient - Servoy 5.1.4.

I have the some forms with and without tabpanels, with tab sequence set. It works OK in SmartClient, but in WebClient they act very strange and in different ways:

1. If I click on a field and got focus on that, then press TAB key, the focus move to the address bar of the browser, and will never pass in the form again.
2. I've set the "selectOnEnter" property to true for all fields in the tab sequence and for some forms it works, but not in the sequence that I defined, and also the address bar is focused in the tabs cycle.
3. Also with the "selectOnEnter" set to true, it works for some field, but still in other order then the tabseq is set, and at a point, after few fields were passed, it blocks on the address bar of the browser and don't want to get out of there, unless you click with the mouse somewere else.

I also saw that is said this issue has been solved in Servoy 5.1 [fix] 262458 Tab sequence in Web Client not functioning properly (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13716), but for me still doesn't work.
Please tell me if there is an workaround or a setting that can be done.

Greetings,
Bogdan.

If I try a small example in 5.2 all seems to work well. Please add a case with a small sample if you still have the problems in 5.2 final. Also, what browser do you use ?
Laurian Vostinar
Servoy
lvostinar

Postby udrescu_bogdan » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:52 pm

Thank you for the post.

I test it on Chrome, FireFox and IE. I'll see if I can provide a demo, but I'm not sure. Anyway I'll try also on Servoy 5.2, and maybe it will work. I'll come back with more conclusions when I have them.
udrescu_bogdan

Postby udrescu_bogdan » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:46 pm

Hello,

I made a little test with a dummy form and, ... yes, it works fine. But in our application they don't.

I will try to figure out how can I fix, or provide you more informations, but I think it will take again some time, as we have other urgent issues to solve.

Thank you,
Bogdan.
udrescu_bogdan

Postby udrescu_bogdan » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:00 pm

It was fixed by adding all parent tabpanels in the tab sequence.

Even if in a parent form there is only one tabpanel and that's the only element in the form it must be included in the tab sequence. This works only from the "Tab sequence" tab at the bottom of the designer. If right click only on one element "Set tab sequence" item is disabled.

Thanks Servoy for support.
Bogdan.
udrescu_bogdan

Return to Servoy Web Client