Webclient problem displaying labels and tabpanel content

Forum to discuss the Web client version of Servoy.

Webclient problem displaying labels and tabpanel content

Postby Karel Broer » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:11 pm

I discovered 2 issues in the webclient:

1. For a Servoy 5.2.2 (webclient) solution, I made a -navigation- form using solutionModel.
The buttons are set based upon table data.
For some unknown reason the labels are displayed in IE and Safari for Windows strangely like this:

safari_win display.png

Which should be more like this: :wink:
firefox_display.png

2. The other problem in IE and Safari for Windows is that a form added to a tabpanel is not displayed immediatly. Only when the user press the browser's Refresh button makes the form appear in the tabpanel.

In smartclient, and in FireFox and Chrome (Mac & Win) the buttons, and add tabpanel forms, behaves correctly.
I created a case (325196) and included a sample solution.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Karel Broer

Re: Webclient problem displaying labels and tabpanel content

Postby jcompagner » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:12 pm

cant reproduce this on my laptop
I tried IE9 on Win7, IE8 and IE7 on a XP install and also Safari 5.0.2 on an XP install all are working and displaying your stuff just fine.

Are you sure you dont have sample custom css in your templates folder?
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby Karel Broer » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:53 pm

jcompagner wrote:cant reproduce this on my laptop
I tried IE9 on Win7, IE8 and IE7 on a XP install and also Safari 5.0.2 on an XP install all are working and displaying your stuff just fine.
Are you sure you dont have sample custom css in your templates folder?

That's strange... no, I don't use any custom css. The only css I use is the Servoy stylesheet.
It's also a clean Servoy 5.2.2. install.
Karel Broer

Postby Karel Broer » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:45 pm

With big thanks to Johan we've figured out both problems! Excellent service, even on late night hours! :D

First issue with the menu occured because the webclient was loaded into an iframe page on an external webserver.
Internet Explorer and Safari on Windows have a default security policy that blocks JavaScript on content that is not part of the webserver's domain. So because of the blocking, the JavaScript that renders the menu couldn't fully execute.
(I hope my explanation is in the right direction, Johan :) ).

The other issue with the form loading on the tabpanel was caused by a custom -inline- css in a html field...

I love it when a plan comes together! :)
Karel Broer

Postby Mark Crichton » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:57 am

Hi. My first post. New to Servoy and loving it!

Seem to have a similar problem.
I have been using the sample crm and created my own project, with same navigation structure. All basically working in smartclient, but tabpanels have no data in webclient.
Looked at this post "Webclient problem displaying labels and tabpanel content". The sample solution works perfectly, so must be something wrong in my project. Developed on MAc. Have exported project and installed on windows pc with same problem.

I would appreciate any ideas on where to start looking? Can supply project if helps?
Mark Crichton
DataWise Ltd - New Zealand
http://www.datawise.co.nz
Mark Crichton

Postby Mark Crichton » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:54 am

Hi ... Found my problem.

The solution property firstForm was not the same as the form available from the index order first record of the solution_navigation sortorder as set up in the global relationship "gthissolution_id_to_solution_navigation"

By changing the sort order and/or the FirstForm, the problem could be easily replicated and resolved.

The problem, I gather, is that the firstForm fires, but the OnAction event fires as it loads, and before objects are fully instantiated.

Happy again :mrgreen:
Mark Crichton
DataWise Ltd - New Zealand
http://www.datawise.co.nz
Mark Crichton

Return to Servoy Web Client