hiding menu and toolbars in webclient on solution open

Forum to discuss the Web client version of Servoy.

hiding menu and toolbars in webclient on solution open

Postby dpearce » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:57 am

Hi,

I am just optimizing my solution for webclient.

Whilst i can resize the web window using the window.resizeTo function in javascript once the window is open, I would also like to be able to open my solution with the toolbars and browser paraphenalia off.

Is this something I would have to set-up in the webclient default CSS, or where could i alter the code so that when the webclient fires up it switches the toolbar and menubar to off?

This would be helpful in order to get the solution at a fixed size within the browser, without having to worry about scroll bars appearing because the windon is too small due to stuff at the top?

is this possible?

David
dpearce

Re: hiding menu and toolbars in webclient on solution open

Postby pbakker » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:20 am

From withing a page displayed in a browser there is no access to the "chrome" of the browser, with chrome being the toolbars, status-bar, menubar etc.

The only option to get the browser started without all this chrome is starting the browser in kioskmode and I do not know if all browsers support that. I think I saw at one time that it is possible in IE.

But to be clear, the user has to start the browser in a specific mode, already before he/she opens a specific page (in this case a web client).

Paul
pbakker

Postby dpearce » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:25 am

Thanks Paul,

I can at least resize it to what would be an average allowance for the tool and menu bars using a 1X1 pixel piece of html javascript, that seems to work.

I am still having problems with a vertical scroll bar on a table view within a tabpanel. Everything is 2 px less, but I just get the servoy numbering at the bottom 4-5 pixels under the screen and it puts a vertical scroll bar in! Been through every nested tab view 5 times!!!

Maybe I will leave until I next come across, but its driving me nuts!

David
dpearce

Postby maarten » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:11 pm

This one is driving me nuts too.
Seems that the paging is causing a vertical scrollbar to show up...
Maarten Berkenbosch
maarten

Return to Servoy Web Client