foundset multiSelect in WebClient

Forum to discuss the Web client version of Servoy.

foundset multiSelect in WebClient

Postby udrescu_bogdan » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:52 pm

Hello,

How can I have in WebClient the same behavior of a Table View as in SmartClient, in order to see all entries with a scrollbar, not with pages, and to have multiSelect.

Thanks,
Bogdan.
udrescu_bogdan

Re: foundset multiSelect in WebClient

Postby Gabi Boros » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:47 am

hi,

- scrollable table view in the webclient is planned for future releases of Servoy;
- for multiselect you should set foundset.multiSelect to true;

regards
Gabi Boros
Servoy
Gabi Boros

Postby udrescu_bogdan » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:41 pm

Hi Gabi,

I have the foundset.multiSelect set on true, but the users still can't select multiple records in WebClient, pressing Shift or Ctrl. Is there any other key combination to do this? In SmartClient works fine.

Thanks,
Bogdan.
udrescu_bogdan

Postby Gabi Boros » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:38 pm

- what's your browser ?
- on what type of element are you clicking when you try to select a row ?
- can you make a sample showing the issue ?
Gabi Boros
Servoy
Gabi Boros

Postby udrescu_bogdan » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:54 pm

Hello Gabi,

I use a label in a Table View, with the onAction event set to a function which I want to be called then the user click on a row. In general this was a problem, but I had to create another label with no Action on it, in order to get it worked. If I only removed the action from the initial label, the multiple selection just didn't want to work.

Another thing is that if the view contains more then one page and you want to select a record from i.e. first page and then another one from the second page, when selecting the record from the second page using Ctrl + mouse click, the view switch to the first page, this happen always... if I'm on other page different then the first page and Ctrl + select a record the current page will switch to the first one.

And also I notice that for a label that I created, initially the showClick property is set to true, but if I set an action on it and then remove the action, from this moment on, if showClick is set to true, the label becomes a button.

Now I only need to see if I can catch the user selection to perform that action. Maybe with onRecordSelection, but I hope it will not trigger when I select the records from the code. Actually I also have a "Select all" check box, and when user press it I select all records, but when user something in the table, I want to uncheck that button, that's why I needed that action set on each record. To give you an idea, the form looks like this:

users.jpg

And the other thing, ... it's quite annoying without the scrollbar, but you said it will be released soon.

Thanks,
Bogdan.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
udrescu_bogdan

Postby Gabi Boros » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:52 am

I use a label in a Table View, with the onAction event set to a function which I want to be called then the user click on a row. In general this was a problem, but I had to create another label with no Action on it, in order to get it worked. If I only removed the action from the initial label, the multiple selection just didn't want to work.

in the webclient you can only use labels and textfields for multiple selection

Another thing is that if the view contains more then one page and you want to select a record from i.e. first page and then another one from the second page, when selecting the record from the second page using Ctrl + mouse click, the view switch to the first page, this happen always... if I'm on other page different then the first page and Ctrl + select a record the current page will switch to the first one.

please create a case for this

And also I notice that for a label that I created, initially the showClick property is set to true, but if I set an action on it and then remove the action, from this moment on, if showClick is set to true, the label becomes a button.

this is fixed in the next release
Gabi Boros
Servoy
Gabi Boros

Return to Servoy Web Client