Access forms in another Solution

Forum to discuss the Web client version of Servoy.

Access forms in another Solution

Postby ffow » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:59 am

Question if I'm in web client is there a way to call forms in another solution and pass global variables, if so how ? I could open a new window, pass values to call which are read on the onOpen but that opens up issues with pop up blockers.

As a last resort I'll copy the forms into both solutions but I really don't want to duplicate any maintenance.
ffow

Re: Access forms in another Solution

Postby jcompagner » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:09 pm

do you really want to open a new client? (in a new browser tab) or do you just want to show the form in the existing client?

Opening a new client in a new browser tab is not supported anyway, because you still are using the same session (existing client)

So reusing that other solution so that it is just a module of your existing one and you show the form in the same window would be a better idea (no copy of code needed)
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby ffow » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:31 pm

Thanks so if I have 2 existing solutions how do I add 1 solution into a module, reading the wiki it appears I have to develop the module from the start. Also the solution which needs to be added to the module also needs to run stand alone as its own solution as essentially both solutions are different systems in their own right. So can the solution exist as both a solution and module ?

I suspect the answer is no and I must remove the common bits and create a new module and then add the module back into both solutions ... is this correct
ffow

Postby jcompagner » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:19 pm

in the developer if you have Solution A open, just select it, so you get the properties of the solutions, there you have a property modulesNames if you click on that you can select Solution B to be a module
That has no effect on the standalone nature of solution B itself.
You can also select Solution B in the all solutions node and in the context menu say "add as module"
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby ffow » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:12 pm

Thanks, I have 1 issue, I have shared media across both solutions and now Developer is saying I have over 200 hundred errors because the media have duplicate names e.g.

"Description Resource Path Location Type
Duplicate media found "accept.png" in out. accept.png /standby/medias standby/medias/accept.png Duplicate Name Problems

Can I ignore this, if not is there an easy way to rename the media ?
ffow

Postby jcompagner » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:06 am

You could move the media to a shared module? So delete in both, but first copy it to a new module.
jcompagner

Postby ffow » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:25 pm

Seems both solutions can see the media in the module where I've placed the common media e.g. from the media button where you select a media for the form but the existing forms properties show it as being unresolved (even after start/stopping Developer).
ffow

Postby jcompagner » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:55 pm

it could be that you changed the UUID's of the media when you moved it so that clients can't resolve it anymore, you have to assign it again once more i guess
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Return to Servoy Web Client