Web client becomes unresponsive

Forum to discuss the Web client version of Servoy.

Web client becomes unresponsive

Postby drookwood » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:16 pm

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I have a number of school sites in the UK accessing our solution through web client. Periodically the web client becomes unresponsive - no button clicks work - and the only work around seems to be to refresh the page, which works 90% of the time. The only other solution is to quit the browser and log on again. I am wondering if this might be a proxy or filter issue somewhere as most of these sites use the same filter and proxy setup, managed by South West Grid for Learning.

Can anyone confirm whether they have seen similar problem with web client locking up and whether the filter/proxy setup might indeed cause this issue?
David Rookwood

SAN Developer
drookwood

Re: Web client becomes unresponsive

Postby Harjo » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:56 pm

In 6.0.4 there was a fix for that! In our case, it was after downloading a pdf or something like that, than the webclient became unresponsive: https://support.servoy.com/browse/SVY-1038
Don't know if Servoy ported that back to Servoy 5.x
Harjo Kompagnie
ServoyCamp
Servoy Certified Developer
Servoy Valued Professional
SAN Developer
Harjo

Postby drookwood » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:23 pm

Thanks for the pointer Harjo - was driving me crazy! Nice to know there's a fix in 6 when we make that move, but it would be nicer still if there was a fix for 5!
Anyone know if there's any chance of porting this back to 5.2.x?
David Rookwood

SAN Developer
drookwood

Postby jcompagner » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:42 pm

that case is mostly just when you do writeFile() in Chrome, is that also the case?
problem is that that is quite a big fix, i think already building on more changes that are in 6.0, so i don't know if that is easy to backport.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby drookwood » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:34 am

Hi Johan

The issue we have seems to be wider as it affects most browsers. I'm not certain it is linked to writeFile() though we do make extensive use of that for downloading stored files. I will try to collect more precise information on what triggers the freezes.

Are you aware of any other circumstances that might cause the web client to become unresponsive?
drookwood

Postby jcompagner » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:07 pm

not directly but there can be different causes for this, so it is very hard to say.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Return to Servoy Web Client