Web Client: "Go to last page" Not Working

Forum to discuss the Web client version of Servoy.

Web Client: "Go to last page" Not Working

Postby mark.finlay » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:41 pm

Hi All,

I have noticed an anomaly when using the web-client and using the "Go to last page" button on a form list.

If a list has >200 items, clicking on the "Go to last page", only moves on ~200 records.

For example:

List containing: 420 items
Current view: 24 items/page shown in list
Clicking on "go to last page" moves page from 1 -> 9
Clicking on "go to last page" moves page from 9 -> 17
Clicking on "go to last page" moves page from 17 -> 18

Thereafter on the same list, if you are on page 1 and click on "Go to last page" it jumps directly to page 18 (the last page).

Lists with <200 items seem to work as expected.

Does anybody have any ideas how to get this feature to work properly?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

----------------------------------------------------------
System Configuration:
Servoy 5.2.13; Internet Explorer 8
mark.finlay

Re: Web Client: "Go to last page" Not Working

Postby omar » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:21 pm

Hi Mark,

I guess you are experiencing the Servoy "get when needed EOF strategie"? When the foundset loads the first time it will retrieve a limited amount of records and when you go to the last page it will get the next set. Once in the foundset pressing Last page doesn't make you start over but will take advantage of the extra records in the foundset. Or is that not what's happening?
Intrasoft, Founder
Omar van Galen
omar@intrasoft.nl
+31-(0)6-21234586
Servoy Developer
omar

Postby mark.finlay » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:05 pm

Hi Omar,

Thanks for your reply. I agree with your comments.

The main issue here is the terminology of the action is "Last Page" and the interpretation of what the action is expected to do.

Can any of the "Servoy Development Team" confirm whether the "Go to last record" action is limited to the last page in the cache or is it possible for it to return the last page in the recordset?

We have an outstanding query raised by one of our customers regarding this behaviour that requires resolved as soon as possible. We would be grateful if we could get clarification on this issue so that we can let our customer know the authoritative answer.

Thanks,

Mark
Asset Guardian Solutions Ltd
mark.finlay

Postby omar » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:45 pm

Hi Mark,

Although I am not part of the Servoy Developement Team I think I can still answer your question. If you or your customer really wants the last page in the web-client to be the last page of records in the table, then you can force Servoy to retrieve all records in the table and display a lot of pages of data at the bottom. However retrieving more than a few hundred records from the database will be bad for the performance and a user will probably do a search after that anyway.

So the term "Last Page" refers to the current set of records which may require some explaining to the user but is almost exactly the same as what happens when he or she does a search in Google. Servoy, please correct me if I am wrong.
Intrasoft, Founder
Omar van Galen
omar@intrasoft.nl
+31-(0)6-21234586
Servoy Developer
omar

Return to Servoy Web Client