Servoy slow down

Forum to discuss the Web client version of Servoy.

Servoy slow down

Postby ashutoslenka426 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:45 am

Hi All,

We are having a Servoy Webclient solution running . We are having a scenario in which 30 users are using the application . The RAM is 3.75 GB . The max heap size is the default 1280 MB . The current heap usage is 560 MB . It seems the heap usage is fine. The application is slowing down heavily . It is becoming very difficult for the users to use the application.

We are having some free memory . Can we add 1 GB free memory to the Max heap memory. Will this improve the performance ? . Can clustering of Servoy application servers
improve the performance of the Application ? . How can we know that a plugin is having some memory leakage ?. Please provide some suggestions .

Please provide some suggestions on some other areas in which we can look upon.

The Servoy version is 6.1.3 . The server is running in a medium sized Amazon instance.
Last edited by ashutoslenka426 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
AL
ashutoslenka426

Re: Servoy slow down

Postby ROCLASI » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:55 am

Hi Ashutos,

Can you see how much of your database connection pool is used? Perhaps the connection pool is too small and clients are waiting to get a free connection.
Also do you see any slow queries in the performance page (Servoy admin).
I would check there first before adding RAM.

Hope this helps.
Robert Ivens
SAN Developer / Servoy Valued Professional / Servoy Certified Developer

ROCLASI Software Solutions / JBS Group, Partner
Mastodon: @roclasi
--
ServoyForge - Building Open Source Software.
PostgreSQL - The world's most advanced open source database.
ROCLASI
Servoy Expert

Postby ashutoslenka426 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:59 am

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your reply . We have 3 database server connections along with the repository server . The "Maximum connection active" is 30 . The "Maximum connection idle" is 10 . This is the data for each of the database server . The connection validation type is "Exception validation". Should I be increasing it ??.

Sorry now I donot have access to the Servoy admin page.

Please provide your suggestion.
AL
ashutoslenka426

Postby ashutoslenka426 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:50 pm

Hi All,

If we are going to increase active connections . Should the ideal connections be increased in equal proportion ?.

Please provide some suggestions on this.
AL
ashutoslenka426

Postby ROCLASI » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:39 pm

Hi Ashutos,

Before you start changing settings you should know if this setting is really the culprit.
So check when the server is under load (and slow) if you max out in your connection pool. Guessing doesn't help in these cases.

As for your question to increase the pool equally for all connections the answer depends on the usage of these pools.

By the way are you using database transactions in your solution(s)? If so do you keep these as short as possible (as in milliseconds to seconds)?
When you use a database connection in a client then that session will claim that connection from the pool until you rollback or commit this database transaction.
So if you have 30 clients opening up a database transaction and you have 30 connections in your connection pool then client 31 will not be able to load ANY data.

Hope this helps.

Edit: I typed 'connection' instead of 'transaction'
Robert Ivens
SAN Developer / Servoy Valued Professional / Servoy Certified Developer

ROCLASI Software Solutions / JBS Group, Partner
Mastodon: @roclasi
--
ServoyForge - Building Open Source Software.
PostgreSQL - The world's most advanced open source database.
ROCLASI
Servoy Expert

Postby ashutoslenka426 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:08 am

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your reply . I was seeing my production server admin page . In a particular time instant 8 clients were connected to the server . But most of the active connections were unused . There was 1/30 connection for each of the database server . There is no database transaction used in the solution.

But we are having very high utilization of the heap memory space . The max heap space is the default 1267072K . The utilized heap space at that instant was 1059772K . It was around 83 % of the max value . Can I increase my max heap space by 1 GB . Will this help ?.

Please provide some suggestions on this.
AL
ashutoslenka426

Postby ashutoslenka426 » Thu May 02, 2013 6:46 am

Hi All,

We have increased the heap space by 1 GB . Before the increase we were having the default setting . After the immediate increase the utilization was very minimum . It was around 10 % utilized at that moment . But after few days it is getting increased . We are still seeing the heap memory utilization in the red mark . Please find the attached file for the stack trace.

Please provide some suggestions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AL
ashutoslenka426

Return to Servoy Web Client