Issues with OSX 10.9 Mavericks and Safari?

Forum to discuss the Web client version of Servoy.

Issues with OSX 10.9 Mavericks and Safari?

Postby antonio » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:16 am

Just wondering if anyone is seeing issues with Servoy 5.2 WCs connecting with Safari on Mavericks?
We're getting reports that painting of UI is painfully slow, instantly better when the users change to Firefox.
Tony
Servoy 8 - 2022.03 LTS
antonio

Re: Issues with OSX 10.9 Mavericks and Safari?

Postby rioba » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:37 pm

I have no direct experience with Servoy 5.2 and Mavericks but there are speed issues with Mavericks that seem related to Java, both 6 and 7. I am trying to investigate them further. And on the Apple forums there is a very long discussion about speed issues on Mavericks, but they don't seem to be specifically linked to Java.
rioba

Postby Gordon McLean » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:44 am

antonio wrote:Just wondering if anyone is seeing issues with Servoy 5.2 WCs connecting with Safari on Mavericks?
We're getting reports that painting of UI is painfully slow, instantly better when the users change to Firefox.

Yes had the problem from Beta
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19828

I tested this on David Workmans excellent Data Sutra demo site and it so slow it proved unworkable. Change to Chrome and the problem went away so its Safari specific.

HTH
Gordon
Gordon McLean
Clickdigital.com
Gordon McLean

Postby david » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:06 pm

Mavericks memory compression on Macbook Airs seems to be an issue. I find switching to a browser app hangs quite often.

Other than that, our demo server is on 6.1.6 and Safari seems to run fine if a little slower than Chrome. Firefox is the current leader in Servoy web client speed (six months ago it was a dog).
David Workman, Kabootit

Everything you need to build great apps with Servoy
david

Return to Servoy Web Client