No "Loading" indicator or cursor after update

Forum to discuss the Web client version of Servoy.

No "Loading" indicator or cursor after update

Postby wouter » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:30 pm

Hi,

I am testing an upgrade of our webclient solution from 6.1.6 to 7.3.x. I know that starting version 7.1 the loading indicator is replaced by a cursor (https://support.servoy.com/browse/SVY-4036). The problem is that I can not seem to get any indication of loading on the screen.
I removed all references to the "indicator" class we used up to now, and also removed a custom "MainPage.html" we use just in case. Either way no indicator or busy cursor is shown during login and/or other fullscreen tabpanel changes.
This results in long delays (2-6 seconds) without user feedback. During login it is even worse with up to 20 seconds of inactivity on the screen. Anybody have an idea where to look to find a solution for this?

Done so far:
- Upgrade to 7.3.1rc
- Remove custom "MainPage.html"
- Remove custom "span.indicator" class
- Remove reference to "indicator" class in custom JS
- Try in a "fresh" browser without any cache and/or solution history

W.
wouter

Re: No "Loading" indicator or cursor after update

Postby Harjo » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:58 pm

Hi Wouter,

you probably are using an older custom css. Look here: https://support.servoy.com/browse/SVY-5296?filter=10308
the loading indicator of Servoy 7 or greater, needs this:

the problem is that the used custom 'servoy_web_client_default.css' is missing the new
blocker class, so you should add this :
.blocker
{ cursor: progress; }

When you want the cursor instead of the loading indicator, you need to set in the servoy-admin page : servoy.webclient.blockinputonrequest: to true!
Harjo Kompagnie
ServoyCamp
Servoy Certified Developer
Servoy Valued Professional
SAN Developer
Harjo

Postby wouter » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:11 pm

Thanks Harjo,

Just what I was looking for.

Wouter.
wouter

Postby wouter » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:26 pm

Hi,

After playing around with it I have some concerns about this cursor. The busy cursor does not seem to play well with IE8. I know, who does..., but almost all our clients still use it today. There are basically two things I do not like about the cursor solution.

- One it that the cursor does not display on a "busy" state invoked by the keyboard. This means that when a user is logging in and uses the "Enter" button (defaults to "login") the indicator does not change. This is also true for a data-refresh that is invoked by a "onDataChange"
- Two is that the cursor also does not actually change without moving the mouse position in IE8.

All in all this does not feel "natural" in IE8. What I would like to experiment with is retaining our "loader" without changing the "servoy.webclient.blockinputonrequest" to "false".

Any thoughts on this?

Wouter.
wouter

Return to Servoy Web Client