Using mod_dialog on Tablet with Touch Screen

Forum to discuss the Web client version of Servoy.

Using mod_dialog on Tablet with Touch Screen

Postby kwpsd » Fri May 23, 2014 1:48 am

Servoy Version: 7.4.0 - build 2026

I am attempting to use the 'mod_dialog' module in a webclient solution running on a tablet (Samsung Galaxy 2). Below is the code to invoke the dialog:

Code: Select all
var response = globals.DIALOGS.showQuestionDialog( 'Save Changes', 'Do you want to Save or Discard your changes?', 'Save', 'Discard' )

The dialog appears, but the 'Save', 'Discard', and close window 'X' buttons are not responding to touches. Thinking that the default dialog button size is too small, I modified the 'diaglogs_base.js' button default code as follows:

Code: Select all
_nBtnMinWidth = 100

_nBtnHeight = 40

These button size values were chosen to match other working buttons in the solution. Changing the button size in the dialog did not help.

I discovered that by zooming in (pinching out), the dialog buttons work. If I zoom in, then zoom out such that the dialog is returned to its original size, the dialog buttons no longer work. They only work when zoomed in.

I am a little perplexed why the buttons on the dialog do not work without zooming in, because the buttons are the same size as the other buttons that work, and the 'mod_dialog' code seems to be intrinsic Servoy code. Does anyone have any idea what is happening and how to work around it?

Thanks!
Kim W. Premuda
San Diego, CA USA
kwpsd

Re: Using mod_dialog on Tablet with Touch Screen

Postby kwpsd » Mon May 26, 2014 10:38 pm

Never mind! This must be a problem endemic to Android 4.1.2. I borrowed a friend's iPad to test the solution, and the iPad does not exhibit this problem.
Kim W. Premuda
San Diego, CA USA
kwpsd

Return to Servoy Web Client