numeric keyboard commas don't work in servoy webclient

Forum to discuss the Web client version of Servoy.

numeric keyboard commas don't work in servoy webclient

Postby f.jimenez » Thu May 11, 2017 10:39 am

Hi there,

We are experiencing some issues with the numeric keyboard commas in servoy webclient. Only happens in Chrome browser (it's our recommend).
When we input a number with decimals, using numeric keyboard commas, chrome replaces with a dot and replace decimals with zeros.
The obvious solution is change browser that the client use, but if this would happen in other browsers, we must know how to proceed, then
There are some method to be sure, that when uses numeric keyboard commas appears correctly?

Ps. another options is change the type of field use string field instead of number string, and aplicate a function over this fields, correct commas and change it for number again. because dataprovider is number.
f.jimenez

Re: numeric keyboard commas don't work in servoy webclient

Postby vschuurhof » Tue May 16, 2017 10:09 am

I think I am a bit confused about what is currently happening as you are saying "chrome replaces with a dot and replace decimals with zeros". The first part I could understand but I don't understand how decimals can be replaced by zeros.

Depending on the locale of your browser and the layout of the keyboard, Servoy can do some additional stuff to replace the dot by a comma. This is actually quite specific to the keyboard layout that is used in The Netherlands.

Could you please share the following information:

- The locale of your Chrome browser
- The keyboard layout that is being used (and if the numeric comma is indeed a comma)
- The format that is applied on the field
- An example of what you input and what is the result when losing the focus of this field
Vincent Schuurhof
Servoy
vschuurhof

Return to Servoy Web Client