Can't get it to work...

Forum to discuss the Web client version of Servoy.

Postby pbakker » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:45 am

Good that you got it working.... dOesn't help me though :cry:

none of the buttons work (Company, Contacts etc)
I think this is due to the fact that these buttons normally show a popup, which is not yet supported. I did notice sometimes the related popup seems to be opened in Developer.... (?!?!?)

The biggest miss (besides not really gettign it to work) for me are SplitPane support, but during the converence I spoke to Jan about it and I think he allready had some idea's how to add support for them.

Paul
pbakker

Postby grahamg » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:30 am

Good that you got it working.... dOesn't help me though

Have you tried doing a completely fresh instal of 3.07 in a new directory - this plus Harjo's server.xml file has resolved problems for me - until I screw something else up :?

Graham Greensall
Worxinfo Ltd
grahamg

Postby pbakker » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:49 am

Yep, a complete fresh installation works fine (as I mentioned before :-) )

It's just when you install on top of an existing (in my case a 2.2 final) installation that all the URL's go dead and remain dead whatever I do

Paul
pbakker

Postby grahamg » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:09 am

Paul

Sorry I can't give you solution, but to test I have just opened and closed the three versions of Servoy I'm working on - 2.2 Final b328, rc3 b332, and 3.0a7 b355 - and localhost still working. It would appear that they are not interacting on my machine.

Haven't been brave enough to test on my Server yet as customers accessing - but will experiment over weekend.

Best of luck

Graham Greensall
Worxinfo Ltd
grahamg

Postby AGhisalberti » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:03 pm

pbakker wrote:
none of the buttons work (Company, Contacts etc)
I think this is due to the fact that these buttons normally show a popup, which is not yet supported. I did notice sometimes the related popup seems to be opened in Developer.... (?!?!?)

Thats correct for the Report buttons, while the Companies, Contacts, Actions... are only overlapped by their labels, so they never get the focus.
Clicking on their edges fire them up. Though, despite the fact that in the headers (and in the logs) the requests seems to be sent back correctly (status code 200) the pages in the browser doesn't change.
It seems like as all the buttons in the navigation panel are sending the same request.

May be the CRM solution is not the best one to start testing on the webClient.

Armando
AGhisalberti

Previous

Return to Servoy Web Client