pdf printer - PDF issues in Servoy Webclient

Forum to discuss the Web client version of Servoy.

pdf printer - PDF issues in Servoy Webclient

Postby dpearce » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:05 pm

I have had a fair amount of hassle getting the PDF plugin to behave in servoy webclient, and i am concluding that there may be certain bugs or issues with it or at least or especially with it on a LINUX server.

The main issue is related to an image field that i am putting on my form. It is only 120K.

When served from the linux server it is hit and miss whether the image appears on the pdf or not. What is apparent is that often after when it is not going to appear, then firefox immediately starts jumping in the doc of my mac. the pdf comes up but with no image.
When i return to firefox then it is fine, but often once the image has not appeared it takes some time or logging in an out of my application to get a pdf with it in again.

Another thing is that an bit of text like a sort of servoy array thing also appears within the pdf image, i sorted this out by setting the foreground to white!!!, but this text which becomes part of the image is filled with some text from earlier on the form. Maybe sometimes it picks up too much and shoves the image off the form!?

When i serve the application locally on my mac and then login on my local network, it works a lot better.

So i am thinking, is this an error related to the default PDF printer on my linux box.

If so, does anyone know where the mechanism for the defauly PDF printer is set.

Is this just the default printer on the linux box?
Is it set within JAVA, is it a native PDF printer built into JAVA.

I have a hunch that my solution is related to changing the printer that Servoy uses to create the pdf from the pdf plugin, as the errors dont happen when i use my local OS X machine as the web server.

Does anyone know where or how this can be done?

Its annoying to have got to the point in a solution where you want to get it live, but the key element in producing output is stiffled by this intermittent error.

It doesnt happen in Smart Client even on the linux box.

All suggestions appreciated.

David
dpearce

Return to Servoy Web Client