Hyperlink for connecting one database to another

Forum to discuss the Web client version of Servoy.

Hyperlink for connecting one database to another

Postby rifluxyss » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:33 pm

I had face a issue in the hyperlink here i need to search the records and display them,here the link is inside the for Loop.The other thing here is the link thats included is in one database and the record i need to show while clicking the link is in another database.Here i am using the code below

html += '<a href= forms.production_facility_detail.controller.showRecords('+ dataset_1.getValue(i,1) +')>' + dataset_1.getValue(i,1) + '</a>';

Is this is possible here to make a link from one database to another.If so whats the code i need to use.

Helps are invited.Thanks in Advance.
rifluxyss

Postby ROCLASI » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:19 pm

Hi,

I am assuming you are using this in a HTML area, right?
You can't call servoy functions in a HREF like that. The only way you can use that is to call methods like this:
Code: Select all
html += '<a href="javascript:myFormMethod('+ dataset_1.getValue(i,1) +')">' + dataset_1.getValue(i,1) + '</a>';

Hope this helps.
Robert Ivens
SAN Developer / Servoy Valued Professional / Servoy Certified Developer

ROCLASI Software Solutions / JBS Group, Partner
Mastodon: @roclasi
--
ServoyForge - Building Open Source Software.
PostgreSQL - The world's most advanced open source database.
ROCLASI
Servoy Expert

Postby rifluxyss » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:07 pm

Yes Robert your assumption is correct.

I am using HTML Area only.Earlier i used the same Coding that you mention and that method in global, i know if its global also nothing to worry.After you mention myform i convert that to form method then also its not working.The link's click option is not working fine.When i debugging the method the customerno_link() method is not at all calling.In that customerno_link() method i call the showRecords() to display the records thats contains the value thats passed through the customerno_link('+ dataset_1.getValue(i,1) +')">' in the coding.Is the things that i made is possible.If not whats the possible way.

html += '<a href="javascript:customerno_link('+ dataset_1.getValue(i,1) +')">' + dataset_1.getValue(i,1) + '</a>';

Note : The form that the records need to display in one Server.And the Form that's the link is present at another Server.Is it make the issue.
rifluxyss

Postby ROCLASI » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:26 pm

Hi,

I just noticed that you posted in the web client forum. This doesn't work in a webbrowser (and therefore in won't work in WebClient). Only in the Rich Client.
Robert Ivens
SAN Developer / Servoy Valued Professional / Servoy Certified Developer

ROCLASI Software Solutions / JBS Group, Partner
Mastodon: @roclasi
--
ServoyForge - Building Open Source Software.
PostgreSQL - The world's most advanced open source database.
ROCLASI
Servoy Expert

Postby rifluxyss » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:10 pm

Its not in the Web Client Robert,Instead of rising this query in the method i do it in Web Client.

The issue comes to an end.To make it a successable one i had uncheck the editable in property.And compare the link value by getting that as a argument with all the values of the other database.If the value coincide with each other then that particular record must to be displayed.

These are all happens due to the power of SERVOY.
rifluxyss

Return to Servoy Web Client