Permalink in WebClient

Forum to discuss the Web client version of Servoy.

Permalink in WebClient

Postby Riccardino » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:41 am

Is it possible to easily create a link that points to a certain record of a given table in a solution, in webclient?

I was thinking about creating a link to support tickets in the email I generate when the ticket is updated.
ciao, ric
Riccardino

Postby ngervasi » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:55 am

You can build a URL that points directly to a method and in the method find the record you need to show.
I don't remember the exact sintax but it should have been already covered it the forum.
Nicola Gervasi
sintpro.com
SAN Partner
ngervasi

Postby Riccardino » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:05 am

ngervasi wrote:You can build a URL that points directly to a method and in the method find the record you need to show.
I don't remember the exact sintax but it should have been already covered it the forum.

Thanks, Nick

I'll search the forum.

I was wondering if it's also possible to make the link aware of login informations (the solution needs a login, so it would be better to pass username and password, when launching the method).
ciao, ric
Riccardino

Postby ngervasi » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:37 am

Riccardino wrote:
ngervasi wrote:You can build a URL that points directly to a method and in the method find the record you need to show.

Thanks, Nick

I'll search the forum.

I was wondering if it's also possible to make the link aware of login informations (the solution needs a login, so it would be better to pass username and password, when launching the method).

Sure, you can call a method that does login as the first thing. But remember that you'd have to pass username and password as arguments to the method and that would be cleartext.
Nicola Gervasi
sintpro.com
SAN Partner
ngervasi

Return to Servoy Web Client