How do i work on a remote solution on my server locally

Questions and answers regarding the use of eclipse environment as seen in Servoy Developer

How do i work on a remote solution on my server locally

Postby dpearce » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:06 pm

Hi,

I am trying to set-up my Servoy 4 development platform (a bit late i know, but need to get up to speed finally!).

I have managed to set up the server OK and run developer on that by making the repository into a project.

When i try this on my local machine and address the remote server through the repository, it seems to go horribly wrong in that the solution turns into a project but then seems to have a lot of errors:
Code: Select all
Severity and Description   Path   Resource   Location   Creation Time   Id
'practicemanager->organisation->letter_claimant_blank' column difference. (TEXT(id:-1), length: 16277215, allowNull: true) in DB <-> (TEXT(id:-1), length: 16777215, allowNull: true) in DB information file. The DB information on this column differs from the actual column in the DB.    servoy_www.physioadvice.co.uk_resources/datasources/practicemanager   organisation.dbi   JSON file   1225734810008   97
'practicemanager->organisation->letter_instruct_medical' column difference. (TEXT(id:-1), length: 16277215, allowNull: true) in DB <-> (TEXT(id:-1), length: 16777215, allowNull: true) in DB information file. The DB information on this column differs from the actual column in the DB.    servoy_www.physioadvice.co.uk_resources/datasources/practicemanager   organisation.dbi   JSON file   1225734810009   98
'practicemanager->organisation->letter_instruct_solicitor' column difference. (TEXT(id:-1), length: 16277215, allowNull: true) in DB <-> (TEXT(id:-1), length: 16777215, allowNull: true) in DB information file. The DB information on this column differs from the actual column in the DB.    servoy_www.physioadvice.co.uk_resources/datasources/practicemanager   organisation.dbi   JSON file   1225734810009   99
Missing database information file for table 'practicemanager->providers' (table exists in the DB).      servoy_www.physioadvice.co.uk_resources   JSON file   1225734810009   100
Missing database information file for table 'practicemanager->question_groups' (table exists in the DB).      servoy_www.physioadvice.co.uk_resources   JSON file   1225734810010   106
Missing database information file for table 'practicemanager->salesledger' (table exists in the DB).      servoy_www.physioadvice.co.uk_resources   JSON file   1225734810010   101
Missing database information file for table 'practicemanager->users' (table exists in the DB).      servoy_www.physioadvice.co.uk_resources   JSON file   1225734810010   102
Missing database information file for table 'reportwriter->so_appointments' (table exists in the DB).      servoy_www.physioadvice.co.uk_resources   JSON file   1225734810010   103
Missing database information file for table 'reportwriter->so_postcode' (table exists in the DB).      servoy_www.physioadvice.co.uk_resources   JSON file   1225734810010   105
Missing database information file for table 'reportwriter->so_settings' (table exists in the DB).      servoy_www.physioadvice.co.uk_resources   JSON file   1225734810010   104
Relation 'global$postcode_find_to_postcode_postcode' is referring to an invalid/disabled/unknown server 'postcode'   Practice_Manager/relations   global$postcode_find_to_postcode_postcode.obj   Practice_Manager/relations/global$postcode_find_to_postcode_postcode.obj   1225734989878   145

This doesnt appear when i run the same on the server with developer using localhost.

What is the best way to work on a remote solution locally and then upload it back to my server?

I am sure this must have been covered before, but i cant seem to find any posts dealing with this.

Thanks

David
dpearce

Re: How do i work on a remote solution on my server locally

Postby Andrei Costescu » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:13 pm

When you work with a solution you are really using more than one project in the workspace: your solution project, all module solution projects and one resources project. This resources project holds the info that 3.5 had globally available to all solutions in the repository (styles, some security info & information about used databases). In 4.0 more than one solution can use the same resources project - thus having access to these "shared" contents. So in your case the database information you checked out from the remote server seems to differ from the database structure you have in the developer (this is my best guess).

Those problem markers tell you that there are differences between the database information in the currently used resources project and the real database servers/tables you are connected to in developer. You can solve these problems by choosing quick-fix in their context menu. In the dialog that appears you can also use "Find similar" that allows you to apply the same quick fix to all similar problems - if you want to do this.

Also make sure that developer is started with "servoy.application_server.startRepositoryAsTeamProvider=false" if you are using anything but "localhost" Servoy Team Provider as team provider for your solutions.

Here is another discussion that might help:
http://forum.servoy.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11269&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
Andrei Costescu
Servoy
Andrei Costescu

Postby dpearce » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:19 am

Thanks Andrei,

Its a little confusing as the solution i built was from the repository and pointing at the same databases as the repository on my remote server.

None the less i have cleaned up all of the errors, which were mainly mismatches of TEXT field lengths.

I tried to edit locally and then comit, but i got an error regarding conflicts.

I have cleared all of the warnings from my solution (cant see a conflict tab, but assume i need to get rid of any warnings), except i get the warning:

Code: Select all
Structure of the files for solution Practice_Manager is broken (incorrect parent-child combination).      Practice_Manager   Practice_Manager/forms/pnl_reports/sv_5007a932_58b7_48e2_ac79_678f1c8eb378.obj   1225872693161   744

Structure of the files for solution Practice_Manager is broken (incorrect parent-child combination).      Practice_Manager   Practice_Manager/forms/pnl_settings/sv_222d4461_8e5f_45e7_ac06_aa05ef6c3c8b.obj   1225872693161   745

I have looked at these forms and got rid of any issues that appear unresolved on the properties, but the errors dont go!

Any clues, i seem to be nearly there?

David
dpearce

Postby Andrei Costescu » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:49 am

The conflicts are team-related conflicts, not problem markers.
The team "status" of a file can be unchanged, incoming, outgoing and conflict. Conflict means that you modified something that was also modified on the server since your last sync. To see conflicts & other changes perform a Team->Synchcronize. You can then overwrite conflicts (get them from the server and discard local changes) or mark them as merged (ignore the server change and see that conflict as an outgoing change).

About those "Structure of the files for solution Practice_Manager is broken"... Did you manually change location of files in a solution project? If not could you attach the contents of the two obj files?
Andrei Costescu
Servoy
Andrei Costescu

Return to Eclipse Environment