Version 4.1 Commit/Update strangeness

Questions and answers regarding the use of eclipse environment as seen in Servoy Developer

Version 4.1 Commit/Update strangeness

Postby IT2Be » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:10 pm

Whatever I do, when I want to commit a solution to my repository I always get a conflicts message.

Example:

1. I check out a solution.
2. I make a change to a method.
3. I commit the solution but see a conflict
4. The conflict reported is an update I have to perform from the server to the local file ????
5. When I push the 'changed' lines from right to left in the synchronized view and save the changed file it immediately jumps into conflict mode ????

How can this be?

To summarize, I can not commit a local file because it differs from the remote file. And I can not commit an identical file because it is.... I am lost.

The ONLY way I can commit is to set files as merged manually and it will work.

Did I do something wrong pre 4.1?
How can I make this go away?

And, when this all occurred I am pretty sure that the commit failed without notice.

So far the only way to reliably have changes committed to the repository was export and re-import??
Marcel J.G. Trapman (IT2BE)
SAN partner - Freelance Java and Servoy
Servoy Components - IT2BE Plug-ins and Beans for Servoy
ServoyForge - Open Source Components for Servoy
IT2Be
Servoy Expert

Re: Version 4.1 Commit/Update strangeness

Postby jcompagner » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:51 pm

we are looking into the issue that files seems touched again, seen as conflicts, even when you are the only one on that team repo.

but just saying mark as merged and then commit (without doing an update or moving from right to left) and then commit doesnt work?
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby Gary R. Schaecher » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:21 pm

We also have a number of commit issues that have all been reported to Servoy.

1. If you change the case from upper to lower on any object name (forms, relations, valuelist, etc.) Servoy sees this as a conflict and won't let you commit your work.

2. We have 32 relationships that come back on almost a daily basis from the repository as changes because Servoy wants to re-order the items in the relationship. So one day it reorder the items top to bottom, then the very next day it reorders them again from bottom to top. It always performs this ordering switch after any release of a new version. We have checkouted numerous times and done syncs to we are blue, but the same 32 relations are 'tainted' or should I say 'cursed' by Servoy/Eclipse and always return as changes. No one has touched these 32 relations I might say since they were created two months ago.

3. If you ever get a communication error to the database you get some error message about inserting duplicate keys into e_ur. It used to be then that Servoy would try to delete all your work during the next sync. They fixed that in build 652, but know when I got the same error yesterday, instead of wanting to delete my work, it wouldn't let me commit any of it to the server. I didn't have the option to 'Mark as Merged', so we had to do all kinds of funky things like move all my folders for a module to another workstation and have them commit my work otherwise it would have been lost.

While there have been a number of fixes on commit and update there continues to be a number of problems that haven't been worked out in the current release.

Gary
Gary R. Schaecher
TMA Systems, LLC
www.tmasystems.com
Gary R. Schaecher

Postby IT2Be » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:59 pm

but just saying mark as merged and then commit (without doing an update or moving from right to left) and then commit doesnt work?
Yes and no.
When I do this the conflict is solved, committing is now allowed.
Unfortunately it is not really committed...
Marcel J.G. Trapman (IT2BE)
SAN partner - Freelance Java and Servoy
Servoy Components - IT2BE Plug-ins and Beans for Servoy
ServoyForge - Open Source Components for Servoy
IT2Be
Servoy Expert

Return to Eclipse Environment