Problem with TabPanels in SVN?

Questions and answers regarding the use of eclipse environment as seen in Servoy Developer

Problem with TabPanels in SVN?

Postby cyarbrough » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:04 pm

I am having another problem committing tabpanels in SVN. If I add objects to a tabpanel, I can see the tabpanel object in Solution Explorer, but I can't see the individual objects inside the tabpanel (I can see them in form editor, just not in the Sol Explorer tree. On disk, the tabpanel is an object and there is a tabpanel folder containing the objects that sit on the tabpanel object. Is this a bug? Seems like if I could get to the objects on the tabpanel in the sol explorer, then I'd be able to specifically request that those objects be added to version control. Since I can't, they never get committed. Has anyone seen this issue?
cyarbrough

Re: Problem with TabPanels in SVN?

Postby IT2Be » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:38 pm

I am having another problem committing tabpanels in SVN. If I add objects to a tabpanel, I can see the tabpanel object in Solution Explorer, but I can't see the individual objects inside the tabpanel (I can see them in form editor, just not in the Sol Explorer tree.
That is correct, you can see the tabpanel. The individual tabs (objects as you call them) can only be seen through the form editor.
It is the way Servoy is set up right now.
Not sure if they can change it...
Marcel J.G. Trapman (IT2BE)
SAN partner - Freelance Java and Servoy
Servoy Components - IT2BE Plug-ins and Beans for Servoy
ServoyForge - Open Source Components for Servoy
IT2Be
Servoy Expert

Re: Problem with TabPanels in SVN?

Postby jcompagner » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:59 am

its on the list to change that
So that the tab you see on the tabpanel is a controller and you have to program to access it like this:

elements.myform2tab.controller.setSelectedindex(1)

then a tab is really its own instance and you can access it and you can't access it anymore through: forms.myform2.controller
because that is then really another thing.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Return to Eclipse Environment