Workspace Launcher Screen Keeps Popping Up

Questions and answers regarding the use of eclipse environment as seen in Servoy Developer

Workspace Launcher Screen Keeps Popping Up

Postby kwpsd » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:53 am

Servoy v4.1.3

Quite frequently, when starting Servoy Developer/Eclipse, I get the following 'Workspace Launcher' screen asking me to select a workspace for this session:

The screen actually appears minimized in the lower left-hand side of my Windows Vista computer display, and I have to click on it to maximize it. Also, at this point, Developer/Eclipse halts it load process until you click on the 'OK' button, then it successfully finishes loading. As you can see, the 'Use this as the default and do not ask again' has been previously checked, so why does this screen keep popping up on start up? Is this a bug? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks!
Kim W. Premuda
San Diego, CA USA
kwpsd

Re: Workspace Launcher Screen Keeps Popping Up

Postby ptalbot » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:08 am

Hi kwpsd!

It happens when you quit Servoy and relaunch it if it didn't have enough time to "close" the workspace (basically releasing the lock files preventing to use a workspace from 2 different Eclipse distribution).

It has little to do with Servoy as such, it is basically Eclipse saying: "dude, you're too fast for me, give me a break!" ;-)
Patrick Talbot
Freelance - Open Source - Servoy Valued Professional
https://www.servoyforge.net
Velocity rules! If you don't use it, you don't know what you're missing!
ptalbot

Postby hsummerhays » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:22 am

Anyone having this related problem: The Workspace Launcher is minimized as described above, but you have to click its title bar a bunch of times really fast to get it to come up. Furthermore, if you select the preference "Use this as the default" and then open a 2nd instance of Servoy, you get a minimized "Workspace Unavailable" window. I submitted a support case, but they couldn't reproduce it. I am using...

Servoy Client
Version: 5.2.6 - build 1011
Java version 1.6.0_23 (64 bit on Windows 7 64 bit)

...however, I just tried it on Windows XP 32 bit with the same results using Servoy 6a.
Hugh Summerhays
Mainstream Data
hsummerhays

Postby hsummerhays » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:11 pm

Servoy Support suggested a workaround:

add -nosplash to the top of the servoy.ini file.

The Workspace Launcher still comes up minimized, but now I can just single click it on the task bar. They also had me download and install Eclipse 3.5 to test it, but it didn't have the problem with the minimized launcher. I am just posting this info in case someone else finds it useful.
hsummerhays

Postby GabrielWyss » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:14 pm

I have exactly the same problem in Servoy 6.0.5.
The Workspace Launcher appears in the lower left corner as shown in the attached picture.
Is there really no fix available?
Attachments
Workspace Launcher.jpg
Workspace Launcher.jpg (18.93 KiB) Viewed 3779 times
Gabriel Wyss
om computer - SAN Partner
http://www.omcomputer.ch
GabrielWyss

Return to Eclipse Environment