OnOpen event not triggering if mustAuthenticate is checked

Questions and answers regarding the use of eclipse environment as seen in Servoy Developer

OnOpen event not triggering if mustAuthenticate is checked

Postby rvpm » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:03 pm

I have set set the onOpen event to an openSolution global method located in an attached module. The firstForm is set to the main form used by my solution. The loginForm is set to my custom login form located in my solution. The modulesNames is set the the name of the attached module containing a bunch of reuseable global methods e.g. openSolution, Add, New, Save, etc. The solution type is set to normal. The attached module's solution type is set to module.

If I start the developer, checkout the solution and start the smart client with the mustAuthenticate flag checked, I never see the application.output statements that I placed at the beginning and end of the openSolution method. If I exit the client, uncheck the mustAuthenticate flag and restart the smart client, I see the output from the application.output statements in the openSolution method. If I again exit the client, check the mustAuthenticate flag and restart the smart client, I will not see the output from the application.output statements in the openSolution method.

As I use the openSolution method to license the various plugins used by the solution, it is important for the onSolution method to execute when the solution is opened. This worked quite well in Servoy 3.1.8 and in Servoy 3.5.8. Any assistance in solving this would be greatly appreciated.

Windows XP SP2 - JAVA 1.6.0_16-b01 - Servoy 4.1.3 - SQL Anywhere 10.0.1.3415
Ron McBean
Realm Information Technologies
SAN Partner
rvpm

Re: OnOpen event not triggering if mustAuthenticate is checked

Postby jcompagner » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:08 pm

i dont see what this would fail if i quickly look at the code

It should be called fine after you login on your login form (call security.login())
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby rvpm » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:17 pm

Johan,

The problem is that I depend on the openSolution method to be executed first then the onShow method of the custom login form otherwise how could I set up the licenses as required by the various commerical plugins. Again this behavior is different from the 3.1.8. and 3.5.8 versions.

Regards,
Ron
Ron McBean
Realm Information Technologies
SAN Partner
rvpm

Postby jcompagner » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:23 pm

when i look at the current 3.5 code it behaves the same as in 4

the open solution method will always be called after the login.

If you have to register stuff earlier do it in the onload of the login.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Return to Eclipse Environment