Create Local Repository + SVN?

Questions and answers regarding the use of eclipse environment as seen in Servoy Developer

Create Local Repository + SVN?

Postby Kahuna » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:28 am

Hi Folks - I have SVN running on Project Locker, and since we've had a clean re-install of Servoy 4.1.3 and SVN, I now dont have a local repository copy of the solution.

Is there a way to have my repository_server Db build a local copy of the solution whilst leaving the team management in SVN?

On opening developer (after adding a repository server) I was asked if I wanted to update the repository (old or no repository version found) - but it simply errors with cannot create/upgrade repository.

I'd like the security of having a local copy in Servoy.
(Servoy Version: 6.0.7 Win XP / 7 - SQL Server 2008 R2)
Ian Cordingley (Kahuna)
Kahuna

Re: Create Local Repository + SVN?

Postby ROCLASI » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:56 am

Hi Ian,

Kahuna wrote:Hi Folks - I have SVN running on Project Locker, and since we've had a clean re-install of Servoy 4.1.3 and SVN, I now dont have a local repository copy of the solution.

Well first of all you can checkout a working copy from the SVN server, right ?

Kahuna wrote:Is there a way to have my repository_server Db build a local copy of the solution whilst leaving the team management in SVN?

Sure, export the solution from your workspace (right-click on the activated solution node, select Export Solution) and import this .servoy file via the Servoy-admin page.
Don't check out the solution via the servoy repository again because you can only have a solution shared with one single teamserver. I think you want to keep using the SVN server as such.

Kahuna wrote:On opening developer (after adding a repository server) I was asked if I wanted to update the repository (old or no repository version found) - but it simply errors with cannot create/upgrade repository.

Is Sybase (I assume you use Sybase) running ? What errors do you get ?

Kahuna wrote:I'd like the security of having a local copy in Servoy.

You can of course also backup your workspace via any backup tool and the .servoy file is a backup in itself as well ;) .
In Tano you can import these .servoy files directly into the workspace.

Hope this helps
Robert Ivens
SAN Developer / Servoy Valued Professional / Servoy Certified Developer

ROCLASI Software Solutions / JBS Group, Partner
Mastodon: @roclasi
--
ServoyForge - Building Open Source Software.
PostgreSQL - The world's most advanced open source database.
ROCLASI
Servoy Expert

Re: Create Local Repository + SVN?

Postby Kahuna » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:10 pm

Thanks for the feedback Robert, but what I was looking for was a way to keep an up to date version locally as well as on the SVN (manually syncing it I guess).

Yes I know I can export the solution and keep that. I had thought that whilst I was working in developer the solution would be loaded in Servoy repository - but I guess its really only in work_space locally and SVN holding the master.

I'll start a back-up process on the Workspace.

Cheers

Ian
(Servoy Version: 6.0.7 Win XP / 7 - SQL Server 2008 R2)
Ian Cordingley (Kahuna)
Kahuna

Return to Eclipse Environment