Duplicating Forms - SVN Conflicts

Questions and answers regarding the use of eclipse environment as seen in Servoy Developer

Duplicating Forms - SVN Conflicts

Postby Kahuna » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:18 pm

Hi Folks - I posted yesterday about an SVN Conflict I'd had after renaming forms, though I fixed it by deleting offending items from the workspace (in win explorer) I'm hoping to get some clarity on how best to do this in future (we have a lot of forms to rename and code to refactor soon).

(http://forum.servoy.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=13382)

Q. If I rename a form and upload to an existing SVN, when I next sync how do I stop the old form being flagged for update back to my workspace as a new form?

If it does come back in it will have duplicate UUID's with the renamed form.

Q. Is this expected behaviour when using SVN?

Appreciate feedback.

Cheers

ian
(Servoy Version: 6.0.7 Win XP / 7 - SQL Server 2008 R2)
Ian Cordingley (Kahuna)
Kahuna

Re: Duplicating Forms - SVN Conflicts

Postby jcompagner » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:57 pm

if you rename a form through servoy developer then svn shouldnt give you an update on that form (expect of course if another person did change it)

You should see a delete of the form in the old location and an add in the new location which you should be able to commit as 1 thing.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby Kahuna » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:09 pm

jcompagner wrote:if you rename a form through servoy developer then svn shouldnt give you an update on that form (expect of course if another person did change it)

You should see a delete of the form in the old location and an add in the new location which you should be able to commit as 1 thing.

Yes I get that Johan (thanks for the response BTW), sorry I was'nt clear - but it seems it's when I reverted to the past version that I get the problem. I should have said:-
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Q. If I rename a form and upload to an existing SVN, then revert to the old version from SVN how do I stop the old form being flagged for update back to my workspace as a new form?
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

sorry for confusing the issue. :oops:
Ian Cordingley (Kahuna)
Kahuna

Postby Kahuna » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:05 pm

jcompagner wrote:if you rename a form through servoy developer then svn shouldnt give you an update on that form (expect of course if another person did change it) You should see a delete of the form in the old location and an add in the new location which you should be able to commit as 1 thing.

This is not what happens currently (testing today in 501). Changing the name of a form and committing it seems to go OK. However when re-syncing the SVN errors on a duplicate UUID and the renamed form shows up as a new form! The conflict is with the old form and new form (renamed form) having the same UUID.

Quick Fix offers to change the UUID for the new or the old form - only creating a new UUID for the old form gets rid of the error - specifically adding a new UUID for the new (renamed) form does not.

Is anyone else having this situation with SVN and renamed forms???
Ian Cordingley (Kahuna)
Kahuna

Return to Eclipse Environment