SVN / Subclipse / Eclipse / Servoy

Questions and answers regarding the use of eclipse environment as seen in Servoy Developer

Re: SVN / Subclipse / Eclipse / Servoy

Postby lwjwillemsen » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:26 pm

jcompagner wrote:robert if you can give me a link to that workspace i can take a look

Lambert maybe the same for you, do you have a workspace where i can see that?
What i find weird is, if you just touch the file with that version number so you got an update through SVN that you didnt see, but what happens if you just up the number again by yourself?
Do you see it then?
Also make sure that if it is a variable (global or form) that just has "x = 10" and you change it (yourself or svn) to "x = 11" then a running client will not see that change.
You have to restart the client (File -> close in smart client) so that the solution is reloaded

Johan, I shall test it the next time. But aside of my own edits we can still say there is something outdated (in the Servoy metadata ?) after SVN-update !
Lambert Willemsen
Vision Development BV
lwjwillemsen

Postby ROCLASI » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:29 pm

lwjwillemsen wrote:? This is and was not the case at our site....

I know. But it does explain why restarting, cleaning, rebuilding didn't help for us.
Robert Ivens
SAN Developer / Servoy Valued Professional / Servoy Certified Developer

ROCLASI Software Solutions / JBS Group, Partner
Mastodon: @roclasi
--
ServoyForge - Building Open Source Software.
PostgreSQL - The world's most advanced open source database.
ROCLASI
Servoy Expert

Postby jcompagner » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:36 pm

lwjwillemsen wrote:
Johan, I shall test it the next time. But aside of my own edits we can still say there is something outdated (in the Servoy metadata ?) after SVN-update !

no you cant say that now, because the real data of server is what is on disk

In mem we just have a representation what is on disk, that the change is coming from svn instead of your own edit shouldnt matter at all.
For eclipse that is just the same, we get a file change event. And then we update our internal representation to match what is on disk
But maybe we have here a bug. That somehow you will not see the change or something, but first make sure that that same change is seen when doing by hand
That would be even weirder in my eyes then it is really something inside eclipse or the svn plugin.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby jcompagner » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:27 pm

i cant reproduce this

i have 2 installs of servoy 5.1 with the latest subclipse 1.6.10
those 2 installs point to there own workspaces which both have checked out the same thing.

I open in both of them the same form.
Then i drag a element a bit. and commit that.

Then i update the other and i see the editor updated right away.

I use here for both servoys Servoy 5.1.x on windows in a 64bit java and with subclipse i use the SVNKit (not JavaHL)

Edit: also tested it with a 64bit version of JavaHL also there i dont see a problem.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Previous

Return to Eclipse Environment