Same Eclipse for ADT & Servoy?

Questions and answers regarding the use of eclipse environment as seen in Servoy Developer

Same Eclipse for ADT & Servoy?

Postby Kahuna » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:04 pm

Hi Folks

We need to build an Android app to show off our Servoy Solution - just basic fields and data collection etc.

I'd like to use the same copy of Eclipse we use for Servoy. Is it dangerous to add the ADT to our Servoy copy of Eclipse or should we run an entirely separate set-up for this new development?
(Servoy Version: 6.0.7 Win XP / 7 - SQL Server 2008 R2)
Ian Cordingley (Kahuna)
Kahuna

Re: Same Eclipse for ADT & Servoy?

Postby pbakker » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:48 pm

In general adding extra Eclipse plugins to the existing Eclipse installs (In this case Servoy Developer) shouldn't be a problem at all. If there is a dependancy conflict (plugin A relying on version x of lib z and plugin B relying on version y of the same lib) Eclipse will not allow you to install the second plugin.

Best thing is just to give it a try. If you just want to be 100% save, install a second Servoy Developer and point it to your(backed up) existing workspace and then install ADT into that eclipse instance.

I myself install loads of add-ons into Servoy Developer instances and can't recall any serious issues.

Paul
pbakker

Re: Same Eclipse for ADT & Servoy?

Postby Kahuna » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:56 pm

pbakker wrote:In general adding extra Eclipse plugins to the existing Eclipse installs (In this case Servoy Developer) shouldn't be a problem at all. If there is a dependancy conflict (plugin A relying on version x of lib z and plugin B relying on version y of the same lib) Eclipse will not allow you to install the second plugin.

Best thing is just to give it a try. If you just want to be 100% save, install a second Servoy Developer and point it to your(backed up) existing workspace and then install ADT into that eclipse instance.

I myself install loads of add-ons into Servoy Developer instances and can't recall any serious issues.

Paul

Nice one - thanks Paul - I'll take that advice and give it a go.
(Servoy Version: 6.0.7 Win XP / 7 - SQL Server 2008 R2)
Ian Cordingley (Kahuna)
Kahuna

Return to Eclipse Environment