Problem with subclipse

Questions and answers regarding the use of eclipse environment as seen in Servoy Developer

Problem with subclipse

Postby msedita » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:31 pm

Not to get into a long story, but here goes: I had lots of problems installing the browser suite. I determined it to be some issues with the version of eclipse I was using, which wasn't the same as that of a freshly downloaded servoy developer. So I replaced the developer folder in my development environment with the latest one, and pointed it to the old workspace. Now I was able to install the browser suite successfully. I also had to reinstalled subclipse. Everything seems to work fine, except every time I start developer I get:
Code: Select all
Failed to load JavaHL Library.
These are the errors that were encountered:
no libapr-1 in java.library.path
no libapriconv-1 in java.library.path
no libeay32 in java.library.path
no ssleay32 in java.library.path....

There is a link to suggest how to fix this which I tried, its 64bit Windows, but still no luck. Any ideas what causes this and if it matters?
Michael Sedita
MS Health Software Corp.
Developers of software solutions for behavioral healthcare and social service providers.
www.mshealth.com
msedita

Re: Problem with subclipse

Postby ptalbot » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:23 pm

The JavaHL version that ships with Subclipse is a 32-bit version.

To get a 64-bit version, simply download the 64-bit SlikSVN: http://www.sliksvn.com/en/download
then install with all default options.

Subclipse should recognize the JavaHL 64-bit binaries from that moment and you shouldn't have any more problems.
Patrick Talbot
Freelance - Open Source - Servoy Valued Professional
https://www.servoyforge.net
Velocity rules! If you don't use it, you don't know what you're missing!
ptalbot

Re: Problem with subclipse

Postby msedita » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:37 pm

Thanks Patrick. I did that, but strangely, it didn't find the libraries until I rebooted. Seems OK now.

M.S.
msedita

Return to Eclipse Environment