Adding svn rev number to solution

Questions and answers regarding the use of eclipse environment as seen in Servoy Developer

Adding svn rev number to solution

Postby jdbruijn » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:20 pm

Does anyone know how I can add the current rev number of SVN to my solution?

I've got a global var my_version that I modify manually, just before I commit to the next rev number. But this is prone to give me headaches when I forget to do this, so I would like to do this automatically when I synchronize my solution to update that global var (or some other location).

SVN seems to have an option to add svn:properties to show this kind of information, but if I read the documentation right it can only give the rev number of the current file, not the global rev number of my entire solution.
Jos de Bruijn
Focus Feedback BV
Servoy Certified Developer
jdbruijn

Re: Adding svn rev number to solution

Postby msedita » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:47 pm

I put in a feature request to include a build number property to a solution that could be automatically incremented upon exporting the solution last January. Linking it to SVN would work as well. I've been doing it manually and is a pain.
Michael Sedita
MS Health Software Corp.
Developers of software solutions for behavioral healthcare and social service providers.
www.mshealth.com
msedita

Re: Adding svn rev number to solution

Postby pbakker » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:52 pm

There is no automated way to do this.

Subversion have a feature to update a certain tag in a file with the revision number when the file gets altered, but that is on file level, not project level.

Paul
pbakker

Return to Eclipse Environment