SVN Guru's: Change Repository Location???

Questions and answers regarding the use of eclipse environment as seen in Servoy Developer

SVN Guru's: Change Repository Location???

Postby Kahuna » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:54 pm

Hi Folks - hoping one of you SVN Gurus can help here.

We had our SVN account name changed at ProjectLocker, and obviously our link to svn too.

We use subversion and we just realised that there does not seem to be a way to change the svn link in eclipse without creating a new SVN repository in Eclipse and then downloading the current project again.

We have changes here that need to go up to SVN so cant just download the current svn repository.

Is there a way to simply change the account where svn points to on a PC?
(Servoy Version: 6.0.7 Win XP / 7 - SQL Server 2008 R2)
Ian Cordingley (Kahuna)
Kahuna

Re: SVN Guru's: Change Repository Location???

Postby Adelo Herrero » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:05 pm

Hi:

Open the SVN Repository view and right click in the repository url. Now select "Relocate" option in the popup menu and follow the instructions.

Hope serves you.
Adelo Herrero
Adelo Herrero

Postby Kahuna » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:18 pm

Adelo Herrero wrote:Hi:

Open the SVN Repository view and right click in the repository url. Now select "Relocate" option in the popup menu and follow the instructions.

Hope serves you.

Thanks for the feedback Adelo - but unfortunately that only allows the actual svn project to be changed. we need to change the svn account name and it seems this is too far up the path for SVN to handle it??

We managed to bastertise it a bit - but it's not very elegant! Hope we don't need to change the account again!
Ian Cordingley (Kahuna)
Kahuna

Postby jcompagner » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:54 pm

i think user information could be inside this dir: (on windows)

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Subversion
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby Kahuna » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:51 am

jcompagner wrote:i think user information could be inside this dir: (on windows)

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Subversion

Thanks Johan - apologies for the tardy reply - just back from overseas. That was a good pointer and I investigated it last week. Looks like there is everything in there but the actual account name!

We have now converted but to be honest it was a bit of a trial. My advice don't change account name unless everything is up to date on svn and you can then just down load the entire project as a new space!

BTW the guys at Project Locker are excellent in the tech support area. Good experience working with them.

We've also set up a Trac system with them and now have a very simple but efficient ticketing system for user reports and issues. Got it all working on email so each group of users can just raise an email with details through an alias and we can then handle it as we are notified that a ticket is waiting for review. That has really speeded up our development on small items and bugs, as its great to see the outstanding tickets in the Eclipse task window. Recommend it to others for sure! We use it internally too for time sensitive updates and also development targets.

Cheers

Ian
Ian Cordingley (Kahuna)
Kahuna

Postby jcompagner » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:36 pm

i think if you just delete that dir, it will ask for everything, at least that is my guess (i am not trying it out.. ;) )
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Return to Eclipse Environment