Eclipse caching visual copy of .frm file

Questions and answers regarding the use of eclipse environment as seen in Servoy Developer

Eclipse caching visual copy of .frm file

Postby ljames » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:34 pm

Hello all,

We have Subclipse set to require us to lock a file before modifying it (we're trying to mimic the way Visual Source Safe works using a pre-commit hook in SVN with "svn:needs-lock=true" and "enable-auto-props = yes" in our clients' config file). If we try to modify a .js file without first locking it, we are prevented and prompted to lock it first. If we try to modify a .frm file, we get no notification, but when we try to save the file we get an error message saying "Could not write object [formname] to workspace directory [workspace path]". That is not ideal, but acceptable, since we can then go and get the lock and then either re-make our changes or whatever. The problem is, though, that the form in Eclipse gives the appearance as though it saved our changes. If I close and reopen the form it shows the changes that were made. If I get a lock, then try to commit it says no changes were made and won't let me, but there is clearly a label that has been moved to another area of the form.

If I restart Servoy it shows me the form as it was before I made changes. It seems like there is a caching or something going on with the form editor. How do we get it to re-read the .frm file without having to restart Servoy?

Perhaps a better long-term option is to have Eclipse block us from making changes without a lock (as it does with .js files). Any help is appreciated tremendously.

Thanks
ljames

Return to Eclipse Environment